Houzz Logo Print
westender_gw

Review: Bamboo Style

WestEnder
19 years ago

Bamboo Style by Gale Beth Goldberg

Gibbs Smith, Publisher, 2002

$39.95 hardback

175 pp. including many color photos and a 15-page resource list covering- nationally and internationally- bamboo-related organizations, workshops, architects and designers, fine artists and craftspeople, nurseries, places to visit, furniture manufacturers and retailers, flooring companies, tools and supplies, etc.

I found this book at my local library while searching for information to help me design and build some outdoor bamboo structures for my garden. Although it wasnÂt really the "how-to" book I wanted, it did have many nice photos of bamboo products, and in reading it I learned about the many uses of bamboo. A short section on the growth habits of bamboo, and a few tips and hints about bamboo harvesting that were buried in the bookÂs text, will be helpful to me in my project. Directions and photos were included for three bamboo-building projects, one of which is a trellis similar to one I hope to build. An extensive resource list at the bookÂs end makes it well worth the effort to search out this book, if you are interested in any facet of bamboo growth or use.