Return to the Book Reviews Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The NEW Square Foot Gardening?

Posted by GardenBoo z9 SF Bay Area (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 2, 05 at 13:57

Does anyone know anything about a new Square Foot Gardening book by Mel Bartholomew coming out in April, 2005? Just wondering if it would be worth waiting rather than purchasing the 1981 edition.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The NEW Square Foot Gardening?

The reviews on Amazon are very positive, it sounds like the most major change is that the illustrations have been updated. For the money you may as well get the most up to date information.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amazon Reviews

o

I purchased the new edition --owned the old one and bought a new one because I figured there would be changes - There aren't any-- NONE except the cover art. My suggestion-- go online and buy an old copy for a couple of dollars, used and don't waste the money on the new one!

o

I got the 1981 edition yesterday at a thrift store for 1 buck-o-lo.
Been looking at it instead of working. heh heh heh.

o

I do not know whether any of this would be useful. I bought "Cash from SFG" together with the 2005 edition of SFG in February. Since the latter book was still unavailable, Cash from SFG arrived first. I read through it, and tried my hand in SFG. It is only when the 2005 edition of SFG arrived that I realised how valuable this book really is. Of course on the SFG website, there are improvements posted (no more digging, Mels mix, etc), which is very useful!!

In this sense, the 2005 edtition is proving to be worth the while.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Book Reviews Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here