Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
californian_gw

Have P/O Dr. Atkinson's private collection

californian
19 years ago

Many years ago my father bought most of Dr. Atkinson's (former editor of the L.A. Times Garden section) private gardening book collection after he died. My father resold most of it but I still have some left, together with gardening books collected by my mother and father who were avid gardeners plus some I bought myself. In total they take up about 8 feet of book shelf space and I need to clear some of them out. They range from rare specialized books to common junk books to pamphlets to electrotypes. Typical subjects include identifying trees and plants, plant hunting, herbs and natural medicines, roses, plus many fairly new general gardening books I bought but don't have room for. I plan to keep maybe 30 or 40 for my own collection but will trade the rest for books on fruit trees or better yet the fruit trees themselves, in particular persimmons, figs, avocados, or rare semi-tropical fruits, or heirloom tomato plants.

I don't want to ship books so these are only availabe for trade at my home in Fullerton in Orange County, California., so I guess only people within my local area should respond to this post.