Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
myohhmy

WANTED: New monthly book exchange partners

myohhmy
18 years ago

We are looking for 2 -3 new members to join our monthly garden book exchange. If we don't get at least one more we will have to quit.

You send out two books and get three in return (I add an extra to each of my shipments). Depending on how many members we get will depend when you get the origional books back and would need to replace the books with more of your books. Otherwise the next month you can pass on the books you received this month. So it only takes two books to get books for 4 - 6 months. Books can be on any topic related to gardening.

cost is $3.00 - $4.00 per month for shipping them media mail with delievery confirmation.

This month I sent out book on Roses, Container Gardens, and houseplants.

Books I received from last month was the roses book and a book on Bonsi. Each month it is something new to look forward to at a fraction of the cost of buying the books.

Email me if you want more infomation about sending books for September...

Comments (20)

• pedalpusher
    18 years ago

I would be very interested in your monthly book exchange. Please count me in if you need an additional person.
    Thanks!

• myohhmy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

We are Still looking for new members....

This month I sent out a super large Florial Arrangement book and a book on the history of gardening.

• myohhmy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

STill looking for new members.

This month I received AN EXCELLENT book packed full of great photos titled the Complete garden book, everything you need to know... And the book Garden Trellis - designs to build and vines to cultivate

Its fun to see what new books you get each month. Email me for details to join us!

• pedalpusher
    18 years ago

I recieved my first books!!!! The foral arrangement book is full of wonderful pictures and ideas. Thank you so much for sharing. What a great way to get the most from all our books.

• pedalpusher
    18 years ago

I can't believe how great it was to have new to us books to review for the whole month. I enjoyed the books that I got in September and they will be on there way next week. Can't wait to see what reading the October mailing will bring me. Thanks to the organizer for such a great idea. What I really like about the exchange is that it allows me the time with books that I may not have ever had the opportunity to explore. I love this exchange.

• myohhmy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

We are up to 5 members and still have room for one more is anyone intersted. It is getting cold outside so we can northern people will have to 'garden' with books and planning for next year.

email me if you are intersted.

• evelyn_inthegarden
    18 years ago

Do you have a list of your books? I have quite a few.

Evelyn

• mamabear
    18 years ago

Do you have a List?
    Yes it is Getting Cold out there.
    I have a bunch i want to exchange.

• myohhmy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

This is not a list of certain books to exchange but a 'round robin' type that you circulate books montly with other members. You send and receive 3 books per month. We have been at it since march of last year. Right now we have 8 members.

If anyone is intersted let me know by email. THANKS!

• mellen
    18 years ago

Myohhmy, Could you explain exactly how this works? Do I need to buy books to belong? I may be interested. Mellen

• myohhmy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

No we do not sell any books, we exchange the books that we have in our personal collections. They are all types. You only need 2 to get started. Thanks for your interest. I sent you a more in depth email of what we do.

• myohhmy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

HAPPY ANNIVERSORY TO OUR GROUP! We have been exchanging books now for 1 year! Our monthly book exchange is still going strong with 7 members. If anyone wants more info in joining email me at myohhmy@comcast.net

• myohhmy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The group is still going on...

this month sent out, Garden rooms - Creat and decorate outdoor garden spaces by catriona erler, Terrific Tomatoes by mimi luebbermann, and Lazy-bed gardening - the quick and dirty guide by john jeavons

• myohhmy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We are back down to 5 players, so we are looking for one more... email me if intersted.

This month I am sending out decoriative accents for the garden. A very good idea book for creative souls - I want to get this one back so I can refur to ideas.

also passing on the impatient gardener by jerry baker and gardeing with the experts - cottage gardens

• myohhmy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sorry forgot to add my book review.

this month I am sending out Decoritive accents for the garden - it is very cute and filled with ideas. I feel more confident about books getting returned if we all keep the post updated we will KNOW where all the better books are. So I am sending out one of my favorite books.

I have done things similar to items on page 19, 26,27, LOVE page 28 and 30 but have not made it yet (that's why I need the book back lol) 38, WANT page 42 reall bad! 48 I have put in my garden, would like to make page 54, did page 71 and it looks GREAT if I may say so myself, 90 is so cute - would like to try it, did page 100 - the lace is REALLY easy, did it to a chair, give it a try! 104, 105, 108 cute cute cute will do with the kids when they are older.

I laughed so hard at page 108 and 127! Actually I do keep my mints in a baby pool so the roots won't go nuts - would done this had I known about it then. Oh boy anothe project!

page 130 looks so funny - I like the pot people better not painted.

page 132 would like to try. page 136 Would like to gage gift this oen to someone else! Funny

Boy that book was so good, I almost hate to let it out of my hands. lol enjoy reading it and try them. they are simple projects. JUST MAKE sure to use sealer on any painted surface. Enoy

• jannie
    17 years ago

I got books from Cathy today-Garden Problem Solver, Gardening with Color, and Keep Your Bonsai Alive and Well. I am very busy the next few days, I'll have to wait to even look at them.

• rosekiller
    17 years ago

Are you still looking for members?

• myohhmy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

PLEASE POST TO THE OTHER NEW THREAD. WELCOME TO THE GROUP ROSEKILLER!

• iowgardenangel
    17 years ago

im interested in joining.

• myohhmy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

******THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED***** PLEASE USE THE NEW MONLY GARDEN THREAD

THE GARDENING CLUB IS NOW FULL WITH 7 MEMBERS - WE WILL TAKE PEOPLE ON A WAITING LIST FOR WHEN SOMEONE DROPS OUT, BUT RIGHT NOW WE FULL. THANKS

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets