Return to the Book Reviews Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Book Review

Posted by Jerry5505 Z6 PA (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 19, 05 at 8:40

Has anyone else read "Garden Lunacy" by Art Wolk? It's simply the funniest book about gardeners and gardening I've ever read. It has crazed flower show exhibitors, Hortiholics Anonymous meetings, front yard dictators, how to steal plants without getting caught (a tongue-in-cheek chapter), attacks by garden critters, social clubs masquerading as garden clubs, what it's really like on TV garden shows, Better Homes and Gardens photoshoots, and on and on it goes. Some of the stories will have you laughing so hard, you'll have tears in your eyes. I bought it from Amazon, but I think Barnes & Noble has it, and I found Wolk's web site: www.gardenlunacy.com. The web site lists other reviews. The book received great reviews from Tovah Martin, Elvin McDonald, The National Gardening Assoc., the American Hort. Society, and many others.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Book Review

Jerry,

after reading your review I ordered the book and I've read it: you are right, it is very funny and I do recommend it fully :)

Thanks for the cool tip,
MaKo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Book Reviews Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here