Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grandmachris_gw

Gardening at Ginger

grandmachris
15 years ago

I have just discovered this forum. I was delighted to find

the painting logo at the top of the site. A print of the same painting looks down at me over the reading chair in my home office. My mother purchased it at the National Gallery in Washington when she was able to go in her wheelchair for a wonderful visit a couple years before the end of her life in the late '80s.

I would like to recommend the book Gardening at Ginger by James Raimes, Houghton Mifflin Co, 2006. Amazingly I was

able to buy this book used for $1.00 at our Friends of the Library fall book sale.

This book is the personal saga of seven years of reclaiming, designing, gardening and living with the givens of a 9 acre country property. The author shares the experiences of his early life in England that led him to gardening. His account shows the truth that the plants

that die on your property determine its future character as

much as the plants that thrive!

My life on an ancient former farm has been 30+ years now and I really enjoyed this articulate, intelligent, literary

look at the relationship that develops between a gardener and the land lived and worked on.

I don't feel ready to lose ownership of this book but I would be glad to "trade off" for reading with another journal account type of garden book.

Chris

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations