Return to the Book Reviews Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to order from Amazon without large shipping costs.

Posted by ginnyginny Zone 9 Calif (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 29, 08 at 13:35

I haven't been able to figure out how to order books from Amazon without ending up with a large shipping cost. I guess if I found books from Amazon itself that would be a single charge but I don't see how to search for just books available through Amazon. At times I've tried to look at a seller's offerings but find they don't have but one book I want.

Today I had 6 books in my basket. The shipping cost was almost the cost of the books.

Thanks for any tips,

Ginny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to order from Amazon without large shipping costs.

• Posted by rbrady 5/Eastern Ia (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 30, 08 at 19:02

Hi! If you narrow your search to books then by department say Home and Garden, scroll down on the left side to shipping options and choose Super Saver Shipping. This will narrow down the selections to those that have free shipping (usually with 25.00 purchase) through Amazon. Otherwise I just try and choose books that are really cheap through the sellers, like 3.99 and pay the 3.99 for shipping. Sometimes it's cheaper and the books are usually in good condition.

Rhonda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Book Reviews Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here