Return to the Botany Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crocus

Posted by rosessecretgarden (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 10, 10 at 10:10

Hey friends!

I've decided to plant some crocus in a pot to get a decent display for the front of the house, but I know that crocus are best left in the ground from one year to the next. Would they be all right if I "lifted" them after they had died down as I'd rather use the pot for something else later in the year, or do I need to leave them and tuck the pot away somewhere inconspicuous?

I guess i have chosen correct sub forum, if not then please direct me in right direction:)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crocus

If you did lift them I'd definitely recommend planting them ASAP into the waiting ground or another container. Just do it all at once, and try to take as much soil around the roots as possible to avoid damage.

o
RE: Crocus

• Posted by brandon7 6b (like 7b now) TN (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 11, 10 at 3:20

"I guess i have chosen correct sub forum, if not then please direct me in right direction"

This forum is usually used to discuss more science-related topics. Other forums would seem much more appropriate, IMO. I'd try the Bulbs Forum if you have further no-scientific concerns related to this topic. Now, if you wanted to discuss the phylogenetics of various crocus species, that would be just the type of thing this forum is all about.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bulbs Forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Botany Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here