Return to the Botany Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cannabis regeneration technique

Posted by Yolanda89 none (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 27, 14 at 13:35

I'm looking to get some opinions on the below questions if there are any cannabis enthusiasts that know a little bit about this plant's biology.

1. So, from what I understand regenerating a marijuana plant goes something like this: you chop the top 2/3 or 3/4 of the plant and leave the rest untouched, flip the lights and the nutrients back to veg cycle, and from the few buds you leave on the lower 1/3 of the plant will regrow new leafs and such. You reveg it and then flower again.

But, let's say you have some plants from which you remove all the buds without cutting the branches, stems and leafs. You just trim the buds off the plant, leaving the rest of the plant intact. And leave the lights on a 12/12 cycle. What happens? Will the plant continue to produce new flowers? Is it really necessary to chop everything from the top 2/3 of the plant?

Or does it need to go in the vegetative stage again to grow new calyxes?

So, I guess what I'm asking is, can you have a perpetual flowering without chopping the plant, but only trimming the buds off?

2. If you can have a perpetual flowering without chopping any part of the plant besides the buds: how many leafs can you cut off the plant (to make butter for edibles) so the plant does not die and continue to produce flowers? What would you say is the minimum percentage of leafs that you need to leave on for the plant to survive? 10%? 20%? 30%? Do the remaining leafs have to be equally distributed along the plant or they can be left only on the bottom third of the plant?

3. How fast will you know that a plant will die if you cut to many leafs off it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cannabis regeneration technique

Since it is illegal for probably 99% of the readers of this forum to grow this plant, I kind of doubt you are going to get much info here. I would recommend you try some of the online sites that specialize in this plant. I think there are multiple websites out there where you could get the information, but I have no idea which one would be best.

o

Brandon, We breed cannabis in USA, Colorado LEGALLY!
flip the light to 24 hours for a cpl weeks. The introduce no more than 5 hours of NO LIGHT per lite cycle. Then use nitrogen only example (5,0,0).
The plants will regenerate new shoots , usually with in weeks. You can clone these new shoots. The plant will have a hard time returning to the veg cycle if it is late into flowering. But if you can get new shoots you can clone and save the genetics. If you keep more than 18 hours of light the plants will Usually return to veg.
Sativa and Indica plants will shange according to nutrients and light. However if your plant are Cannabis Ruderalis your efforts will not be efficitve. Cannabis Ruderalis is an Auto-flower, meaning it is not effected by lite cycle, photo period.
One last thing, cannabis does not count hours of light. It only counts hours of continuous dark .

Here is a link that might be useful: photo period chart provided on this page.

o

The link I provided will assist you with any other cannabis questions also. Colorado has many expert cannabis growers so feel free to ask me. Here is a chart the will show that light interruption MIGHT help but I would stick to the instruction I gave you in my prior post as lite interruptions can sometimes cause hermaphrodites.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Botany Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here