Return to the Botany Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Justicia carnea problem?

Posted by marko204 none (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 13, 13 at 12:44

Hello,
I am not sure why my Justicia carnea plants have yellow leaves and continue to get new ones. new growth is good, looks dark and green, older growth looks like photos. pH is good, I have them in shady area I keep them moist, .... Can somebody please help me with this? I have 5 of them and they all look the exact same with this problem, i have been battling this for months ! the veins are not green,.. the leaves turn yellow until the point whee they have no green at all left and they fall off the plant...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Justicia carnea problem?

Hi Mark! Probably staying too wet. What's going on at the base of the stems in the middle? Was it a peat pot stuck into a larger pot of different soil?

The garden clinic, house plant, or container forums would be better places to ask about this.

Upright (on my computer):

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Botany Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here