Return to the Botany Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
classification of vegetables seed

Posted by Bob2y Philippines (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 20, 04 at 5:56

Hi everybody... my name is boboy, am an agriculturist freshman student here in the Philippines .. I have difficulties in finding what are the classification of vegetable seeds can someone help me and may you be generous enough to identify or give examples of the vegetables under each classifications or can you may give links or references where to find them thnks..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: classification of vegetables seed

Kingdom Plantae – Plants
- Subkingdom Tracheobionta – Vascular plants
-- Superdivision Spermatophyta – Seed plants
--- Division Magnoliophyta – Flowering plants
---- Class Magnoliopsida – Dicotyledons
----- Subclass Dilleniidae –
------ Order Violales –
------- Family Cucurbitaceae – Cucumber family
-------- Genus Cucumis L. -- melon P
--------- Species Cucumis sativus L. -- garden cucumber P

You can find more on the link below. Basically, you can find any type of vegetable this way. The easiest is to search for the GENUS or SPECIES of the vegetable you are trying to find (e.g. try "carrots genus and species" in google for example) and then look for these in the data base (in the example, you would look up Genus: Dacus Species: carota in the database. "Dacus" (genus) and "Carota" (species) was information returned by google).

Here is a link that might be useful: USDA Plant classifications

o
RE: classification of vegetables seed - link

Sorry this is a better link:

Here is a link that might be useful: USDA plant classification

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Botany Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here