Return to the Botany Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another Identify Plant Post

Posted by Mianame (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 18, 05 at 22:56

I have a rather sick plant on my hands and I'm not sure how to help it due to me not knowing what type it is.

We got it as a present from a friend and she couldn't remember where she had gotten it even. I've been trying to keep it alive as vest I can. Some days its leaves are full and standing and other days they droop and look frail. It also seems to have various holes in it. I think it might be from bugs, but I'm not sure.

I tried putting it outside recently and now the leaves have curled on the end and turned crisp. Watering it hasn't helped as yet. If anyone could tell me what type of plant it is or any way that I might be able to keep it alive please let me know!

Here's a link to the picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/Gendrlyconfused/Plant.jpg

As you can see it looks a little beaten, but I swear this morning it looked fine and healthy as ever other than the holes. Only when I came in this afternoon and rushed it inside did it look this bad. Is there anyone who knows why or how it changes so quickly?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another Identify Plant Post

Looks to me that perhaps your plant has been grossly overwatered!!! If you will repot it using any commercial potting soil and insuring that drainage is well established, I believe your plant will return to health. Judicious prunning maight also be of some benefit.
Your problem is horticultural, not botanical. Botany deals with plant anatomy, plant physiology, taxonomy, geography, etc.Horticulture deals with plant cultivation. Just thought I'd add this jewal of info.

o
RE: Another Identify Plant Post

I guess thats right, It has been overwatered. Because of that only it is in trouble. give sufficient amount of sun light, thats needed by every plant in the world.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://c.1asphost.com/Sanganagouda/forum/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Botany Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here