Return to the Botany Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
universities for botany

Posted by BelmontZ7b Z7b (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 2, 04 at 15:58

Hi all!
I just got curious so I am asking this question.
What universities/colleges are good for botany??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: universities for botany

Wisconsin is reputed to have one of the best programs in the country and I know at least two professors of botany that got their degrees there. I also knew a botanist that got her degree at Purdue and she was very knowledgable.

o

another consideration:Who(and at what institutions) are the most prolific and dynamic mentors in this field pertaining to the aspect of botany you are most interested in?

o

I am a botany grad from UW Madison (tho they cringe everytime i say it :) they have an excellent proggie.

but i would also agree with Pickwick in that one needs to find what one wants to do before one can pick where to go. but one also cannot know what one doesnt know. and a field as wide as botany, there is many diff ways to go. dive in, the waters fine.

froggy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Botany Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here