Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
udo69

My hybrids on progression

udo69
15 years ago

Hi All,

This is winter in Thailand. That cold weather stimulate the colour of my broms. Broms are very beautiful during this period of year. Some of my Neo. hybrids are full-grown and show up their very nice colour.

Here are my hybrids in previous 3 month

N.Black Knight x Gold Fever

{{gwi:436420}}

N.johannis Fairchild x carolinae striata

{{gwi:436421}}

N.catherine wilson hybrid ( Seeds recieved from BSI seed bank)

{{gwi:436422}}

Comments (7)

• udo69
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Now at present during winter. Plants look more beautiful.

N.Black Knight x Gold Fever
    {{gwi:436423}}

N.johannis Fairchild x carolinae striata
    {{gwi:436424}}

N.catherine wilson hybrid
    {{gwi:436425}}

• udo69
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This is one of my fevorite. Orange red foliage with light green spots and streaks. That is Charm crossed with Treasure chest.
    {{gwi:436426}}

Hope you all enjoy my colourful plants. ;-)

Cheer
    Yong

• neomea
    15 years ago

Hey Yong!

N.Black Knight x Gold Fever is nice. I also like the charm X.

Nice work!

Dennis

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

Those do look nicer during the winter, Yong. The first one reminds me a bit of Madrid.

Are you sure you haven't got the labels switched on the second and third photos though? I'm not sure what "carolinae striata" is, but I think it may be the same as Rosea Striata (actually a form of farinosa). At any rate, no cross between johannis Fairchild and either carolinae or farinosa could produce marmorated offspring. On the other hand, it looks very much like it could be a Catherine Wilson hybrid.

• philofan
    15 years ago

I like your hybrids, Yong. And they do have very nice color now.

Keep us posted of your progress with other hybrids.

• udo69
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi All,

Thank all comments.

Lisa. The lebels of both are true. For N.johannis Fairchild x carolinae striata, I'm also surprised about it's spotted foliage. Their both parent has plain color, don't have spots. The father is true fairchild but I'm not sure about it's mother. This plants I recieved from my friend lebeled as "carolinae striata". It has plain red with dark red striation and no spot. Look like plain carolinae. I and my friend are not sure about it's origin. I think this plants may be hybrid and has some spotted trait from the ancestor.

For N.catherine wilson, I got seeds from BSI seed bank many year ago. It just shows up very good marking when I move it to my new location.

Cheer
    Yong

• devo_2006
    15 years ago

Hi Yong, thanks for the update. Do you have any other hybrids from your carolinae striata crosses?

Cheers, Andrew.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions