Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19765985

pretty amazing sight

User
14 years ago

With thanks to Lotte Hrmadnik's website, may I present Quesnelia marmorata growing at 600m in Sanata Theresa, Espiritu Santo, Brazil. Cannot enlarge photo.

{{gwi:437135}}

Comments (12)

• paul_t23
    14 years ago

Hi Gonzer - spectacular! Can you post the URL for Lotte's website? Cheers, Paul

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sure Paul. I use Google translator after copying the text.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lotte's linky thingy

• avane_gw
    14 years ago

Sehr schön, Gonzer, sehr schön - aber welcher Baum is das? Ein cussonia?

Japie

• splinter1804
    14 years ago

Hi Gonz,

Wow! what a sight. I'll bet our mouths would drop open if we came across something like that in the wild. Ah, the wonders of Mother Nature.

Thanks for sharing with us.

All the best, Nev.

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ich will herausfinden Japie.

• rickta66
    14 years ago

Ich habe Deutsch in der Schule, ein dreifaches Hoch auf Google

• LisaCLV
    14 years ago

This is *completely* off-topic, but has anyone else had the experience of going to certain pages of the brom index on FCBS and having Google Toolbar tell you it's in Romanian?

I haven't tried their translation, LOL.

Here is a link that might be useful: FCBS photo index

• paul_t23
    14 years ago

Gonzer, thanks for the link. Just love seeing all those Tills in habitat. Cheers, Paul

• splinter1804
    14 years ago

Hi Lisa,

No, thankfully I don't have that problem with FCBS, just the one with the Neo data base is enough for me to try and sort out thanks.

Maybe your computer is made in Romania and it is getting homesick. Ha! Ha!

All the best, Nev.

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Vot's vrong vit Romanian?
    Surely anyone who's seen old Bela Lugosi flicks would understand it.

• LisaCLV
    14 years ago

If you click on the link in my post above, Nev, doesn't it say at the top of the page: "This page is in Romanian. Translate it using Google Toolbar"? Maybe it's just me. Time to double up on my meds, LOL.

At any rate, I decided to try their "translation", just to see what they would come up with. Most things remained the same, a few species names got capitalized and some words ending in A got anglicized, e.g. A. ramosa var. Festiva became A. ramos var. Festive, etc.

A few other interesting changes: A. wide (A. alopecurus), A. comatose (A. comata), A. thumbnails (A. miniata), Aechmea's eagle (A. moorei), A. Trough (A. Covata), A. Fulgo-eagle (A. Fulgo-fasciata), A. Still (A. Inca), A. Mini-horse (A. Mini-cal), A. Land (A. Terena).

Yeah, I'm easily amused, but it does seem like the Romanians have a lot of words for eagle. ;-)

• splinter1804
    14 years ago

Hi Lisa,

No my computer just opens up at the FCBS site for aechmea species. Nothing about Rumania on the tool bar, just "Bromeliad Photo Index - Aechmea".

You may have a 'Bulgarian bromeliad gremlin' in your computer.

All the best, Nev.