Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lyndi_whye

A Few Updates

lyndi_whye
14 years ago

Neo. Tangerine- a birthday gift from Cecilia

{{gwi:437267}}

Neo. Bianca X Tiger - the newer leaves are quite promising.

Given time, I am sure this is going to be a great-looking one.

{{gwi:437268}}

Neo. LP X Carcharodon

{{gwi:437269}}

Neo.DeRolf

{{gwi:437270}}

Neo. Carcharodon Giant-just recovered from over-fertilising and pupping stress. This is what I like about these plants, they give you a second chance and more to do things right.

{{gwi:437271}}

I have been looking for a brom which will yellow in our weather and this one is a good choice- Neo. Golden Chalice

{{gwi:437272}}

Wonder why this is named 'Green Olive'.

{{gwi:437273}}

One of my all time favourites- Neo. Mel's European Hybrid

{{gwi:437274}}

My pot of pendula hybrids

{{gwi:437275}}

Aechmea Tayeonsis with Crypt. Elaine

{{gwi:437276}}

Comments (12)

• noid.guest
    14 years ago

Lyndi, they are colored up nicely by now.

I agree with you, Neo. Bianca X Tiger will be nice. Please keep us updated on how it goes. Did you get this also from Michael? Under what name have you ordered it?

May I also ask under what name have you ordered your Neo. LP X Carcharodon? Have you just used these descriptions? We are planning on ordering from M, off course only when winter is over, but I can already start dreaming on what I would like to get.

DeRolf was and still is #1 on my list right now. I am not much into variageted Neos but this is just sooo coool.

Could you post an update on your Pink Debbie too? I have ordered PD from Michael last year but it not only did not ship well, but also it is not doing well by me. Do you fertilize PD?

This tayeonsis is getting huge. It is impressive though. How much sun does it need?

Thanks for sharing,
    Sheila

• bromadams
    14 years ago

I'd like more info on the tayonesis too. I've had mine for about a year and I've been giving it a modest amount of sun and it's doing fine. I also recently picked up another Chevaliera, rubiginosa. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with these big things except cross and toss.

• lyndi_whye
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sheila

Yes, I ordered Neo. Bianca X Car. Tiger and Neo. LP X Car under their crosses's name.

There is a nice picture of Bianca X Car. Tiger in this Thai forum.
    http://www.pantown.com/board.php?id=41546&area=4&name=board3&topic=13&action=view

You may want to consider Neo.carcharodon'rubra' x 'Tiger' as well.
    http://www.pantown.com/board.php?id=41546&area=4&name=board3&topic=17&action=view

I have 2 Pink Debbie grown under the same condition,
    one is more colourful than the other. Not sure what I have done right for the pink one.
    {{gwi:437277}}

As for the Aechmea Tayeonsis, I grow it in soil and fertilise with slow-release osmocotes. It's under 2 layers of green shade-cloth.I have put up one layer of side shade cloth as the sun was blazing the past 2 weeks. I don't want to take the chance to burn anything especially the pink and purple ones. So it's between ugly setup and nice plants or nice setup and ugly plants. Haha!

This picture was taken at 10am in the morning. The afternoon sun comes from the gate position.
    {{gwi:437278}}

This is the group of plants I grow without any shade. They are mostly the Carcharodon hybrids and Aechmeas. You can see my LP X Car on the extreme left, grown at the edge of the shade cloth.
    {{gwi:437279}}

• neomea
    14 years ago

Lyndi

All your plants are looking stunning! Your Ae. tayeonis is by far the best I have seen!

Thanks for showing

Dennis

• kerry_t_australia
    14 years ago

Looking great, Lyndi! Thanks for the visual treat and update.

That lovely Neo. 'Bianca' x 'carch. Tiger' reminds me of some of Yong's hybrids with carch. Tiger (and Royal Cordovan'?), but with less banding. I never get sick of seeing that Neo. L.P. x c.T. - fantastic colour and form.

I have spent a pleasant couple of hours browsing that Thai forum site you gave us a link to. Don't understand that strange sqiggly alphabet, but gee, the photos are sure pretty! Thanks!

K

• rickta66
    14 years ago

Lyndi,

Great looking plants as always, Green Olive's colouring looks appropriate on FCBS - maybe you need to send it south to me so I can wash some of your nice colouring out.

Cheers,
    Rick

• lyndi_whye
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Dennis and Rick,thanks for your compliments!

Kerrie, I lurk too though I don't read Thai. Haha!

• splinter1804
    14 years ago

Hi Lyndi,

What a great feast of colour you've given us to drool over once again; your plants look magnificent!

You say "I have been looking for a brom which will yellow in our weather and this one is a good choice". I don't know if you have already tried it or not, but the Brazilian species Neo. Kautskyi yellows up well for me, but whether or not it would do the same in your climate is another question.

I love your plant of Aechmea Tayeonsis, it looks very happy and healthy so you obviously have created optimum growing conditions for it.

All of your plants look beauitiful, and I hope you continue to share your pic's with us.

Thanks for posting, all the best, Nev.

• lyndi_whye
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks! Nev
    Michael was nice to give me a Neo. Pauciflora X Kautskyi to try. This is the plant growing in full afternoon sun.
    {{gwi:437280}}

One of the growers here has Kautskyi but just doesn't yellow up for her, maybe her condition is not condusive enough.

• malleeaustralia
    14 years ago

thanks for sharing Lyndi.
    Always a pleasure to see yr collection - Ive been particularly drooling over yr Carch's in other posts lately, so keep ' em coming!
    As you say, Mel's European Hybrid is an eye-catcher - I'm sure looks even better in person and the Crypt Elaine's look great - seem to absolutely glow!
    all the best
    Kristan

• sdandy
    14 years ago

I like opening this post and seeing that Golden Chalice and the pendula hybrids. I just like the form of the pendulas. Is that subfamily of Neos more tropical than the others? I haven't really seen them around San Diego and I love the look of them.
    -andy

• noid.guest
    14 years ago

Lyndi, thanks for the extra photos and info. I agree with all of KerryÂs comments.

And thanks for the photo on PD. I think mine clone was closer to the one on the right but it was better I started a separate thread asking help for the betterment of mine i/o hijacking your post. Anyway, yours did not ship badly at all. It appears as if the not-so-colored PD started Ânormally if you looked at some of the lower leafs. But now if you did not say it was a PD I would not have thought so.

Sponsored
More Discussions