Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What do i use to fertilize my tillandsia?

Posted by Auron22 6b (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 30, 14 at 9:45

I've run out of the hinterland trading air plant fertilizer (2oz). I was going to buy another, but it's bothering me that I can't find any information on what is actually in it, only the NPK 17-8-22. From what I understand they absolutely hate certain minerals/nutrients like copper, zinc, and boron. I can't say if this fertilizer has done anything because I don't have experience without it to compare it to.

If no one knows what is in it, or if it is good/bad, what other fertilizers are out there for tillandsia?

I absolutely love tillandsia. I'm building up a small collection, started with 3 different species last February and is now 8 different kinds. Trying to make sure I'm doing everything right, so far I've only lost one, the argentea came in bad shape but was so cheap thought I might try to save it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What do i use to fertilize my tillandsia?

nothing to see here

This post was edited by gonzer on Tue, Feb 4, 14 at 7:11

o
RE: What do i use to fertilize my tillandsia?

I have two freshwater aquariums and I change out water twice a week. I fill a spray bottle with the water to spray my tillansias, and also hold the water aside in a tank for soaking the tillies. I've been doing this since Sept 2012 and as far as I can tell, the plants like it. If you don't have a freshwater aquarium, maybe you could use a very, very diluted fish emulsion, available in garden sections of many stores; just read the ingredients first. I suggest diluting a lot because I don't have many fish and the plants in the aquariums also use a lot of what the fish and snails, um, discard.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here