Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kerry_t_australia

Fran's garden - Part 1

kerry_t_australia
15 years ago

Hi all bromnuts,

A couple of months ago, when visiting my dear friend Fran in Toowoomba, Queensland (Oz), I took (literally) hundreds of photos of her beautiful house and garden. She's a shy little thing, but I have her permission to share some of those photos with you all. I think she is a true artist in the way she has designed her beloved haven.

Any questions/comments can be directed to Fran - she'll be happy to oblige.

Enjoy!

{{gwi:437375}}

{{gwi:437377}}

{{gwi:437379}}

{{gwi:437380}}

{{gwi:437381}}

{{gwi:437382}}

{{gwi:437383}}

{{gwi:437384}}

{{gwi:437385}}

{{gwi:437386}}

{{gwi:437387}}

{{gwi:437389}}

{{gwi:437391}}

{{gwi:437393}}

{{gwi:437395}}

Part 2 will be coming shortly - same channel, stay tuned!

K

Comments (20)

• cache
    15 years ago

What a beautiful, peaceful garden retreat--looking forward to Part 2! A wonderful gift for those of us whose gardens are covered by snow. Thanks Fran and Kerry.

• splinter1804
    15 years ago

Hi Kerry - What a great garden tour you've taken us on with your "as usual" great photography. It's not hard to imagine where Fran spends all her time.

I love your effect with the "crystal ball" in pic's 15 and 16. and is that Ae. Pectinata peeping out from behind all that multi-coloured foliage of the other plants in pic. 14?

Fran must be very proud of her very tastefully laid out garden which is certainly a place where she no doubt spends many enjoyable hours. The only thing missing is Fran herself, who should be resting on the day bed in pic. 12.

I especially like Toowoomba's answer to "Monet's Bridge" in pic 18.

A great job Kerry, you've done Fran and her garden proud.

All the best, Nev.

• jaga
    15 years ago

Wow Fran, a lovely tranquil garden- another one to visit for us!!! Can't wait to see part 2 , I hear there's a waterfall around somewhere. Love the trick photography with the crystal balls, Kerry.

• hotdiggetydam
    15 years ago

Ok lets go visit Fran in her brom jungle. Stunning! I could use a vacation right about now.

• catkim
    15 years ago

Oh, that is a beautiful garden! I envy your many Alcantarea, they look so healthy. The crystal ball is fun, and the color of the bridge is a stroke of genius. Very pleasing mix of plants and scenes! Looking forward to Part II.

• rickta66
    15 years ago

Kerry,
    Thanks for sharing those wonderful pictures.

Fran,
    What is the name of the Alcantarea in your first picture?

I love your garden and am looking forward to part2.

Thanks,

Rick

• avane_gw
    15 years ago

Ten out of ten for that crystal ball pictures, Kerry!

Fran, your garden is beautiful! I like the 'balanced' mix of plants with the bromms mixed in everywhere. Very nicely done!!

Japie

• lovelyiris
    15 years ago

It was a delightful trip and I was just getting ready to plop down and enjoy the surroundings when someone pulled the cushions off the lounge chair. What a wonderful place to relax and have a glass of ice tea in the afternoons. Shoot at any time as far as I'm concerened.

Hey I want to see the waterfall too. I saw the bridge and the water now you have all of us wanting more......

Happy Gardening,
    Marian

• hanwc
    15 years ago

What a wonderful brom garden indeed. Surprise to see that the Xanthorhoea glauca and Kniptofia can grow in Queenland climate. As I have no luck to Kniptofia and my Xanthorrhoea johnsonii is not the easiest plant to grow. Look forward to Part 2!

• bromaholic
    15 years ago

Simply beautiful Fran! A worthy contribution to Toowoomba's tag of the 'Garden City.'! With such a cold (to me!) climate also..and a working girl as well..what's the secret?

That photography aint half shoddy either Kerry!

• sunshine_qld
    15 years ago

You have a beautiful garden Fran. Very peaceful.
    Lovely photos Kerry.

• kerry_t_australia
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone!

Part 2 is on its way - very soon - according to the crystal ball.

Cheers,
    Kerry

• anniesam
    15 years ago

Beautiful Fran, a real credit to you , especially considering the "watering restrictions " you are on- Toowoomba is on very tight water usage as the area has been in severe drought for a few years now. Well done!!!! but where is the Photo of the Lady herself?
    Great photos Kerry- as usual.
    Tamera

• devo_2006
    15 years ago

Wonderful garden Fran, I really like the way youÂve used broms as focal points in and around the other plantsÂand very pleased to see those majestic Alcantarea featuring!

And Kerry, your photos do the garden proud! The Âcrystal ball photos reveal the touch of an artistÂbring on part 2.

• frangipani_56
    15 years ago

Hi everybody,
    Thanks for all your lovely comments.They are very encouraging.It is a work in progress with lots more to do yet.
    Rick,the first picture is Alcantarea Purpurea.It comes from the Dillings on the far north coast.
    Cheers Fran.

• rickta66
    15 years ago

Fran,

Thanks for the reply, I have a Purpurea but didn't recognise it from your photo - yours looks much nicer, hopefully mine will look that good in a couple of years.

Cheers,

Rick

• udo69
    15 years ago

Hi Fran,

Marvelous garden, full of wonderful plants. I love thos stunning Alcantarea Purpurea. Thank Kerry for sharing.

Cheers
    Yong

• Liatris
    15 years ago

Awesome photos Kerrie.

Fran, will you please come design my garden? :)

• frangipani_56
    15 years ago

Hi Hanwc,
    Thankyou for your comments.Regarding the grass tree and red hot pockers you commented on,I live in a warm temperate climate in the south east part of Queensland so I guess that is a much more favourable place to grow them.Good luck with yours.Have you got the red hot poker to flower?
    Cheers Fran

• eukaryote
    15 years ago

Wow! what a marvelous garden you have there!

Sponsored
More Discussions