Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vriesea

Cashing in ?

vriesea
14 years ago

What cheeses me of is this : A seller on E bay has put on a plant for sale as Vr 'Tartan' ( my hybrid ; reg, is The Daintree x Milky Way ) but its not my hybrid ,they have listed a totally different plant as being that ( wich is sold by a different seller as ' Delicious Stitchery) I had never released ' Tartan ' yet ,but someone is now going to spend money on the wrong thing ,its not the first time ,and i am a bit peeved to say the least that people do this ,not just to me ,but to anyone, is money that important then ? Any of you Ozzies ;its not the real thing ,so be aware Ok ? Jack

Comments (9)

• paul_t23
    14 years ago

Hi Jack, thought it looked a bit sus. Thanks for the warning. Cheers, Paul

• hotdiggetydam
    14 years ago

There are sellers on both Ebays selling plants by the wrong name and have been sent courtesy emails advising them of the fact. They continue to sell under the wrong names. To name a few. N. Magenta Mist(limited release),
    N. Kathleen(they are selling a variegated plant and Kathleen is not variegated)and most recently N.Cherry Brandy which hasn't been released.

• User
    14 years ago

Report the item as "suspected as fraudulent" and give your reason. Is this on the Aussie Bay?

• rickta66
    14 years ago

I guess it's this one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ebay

• matt15
    14 years ago

This is possibly the same seller who advertised a 'Rare' 'Only one in Aust' Neo. Jaws Rubra for a starting bid of $99.00.
    This seller was also based in Brisbane.

• vriesea
    Original Author
    14 years ago

yes Rickta thats the one ,i have send an Email to the seller ,after Tamera ( Anniesam ) also send her an Email ( both polite ) it appears that after buying this plant to resell ,the seller only checked if its registered and not if the plants matched, so perhaps a case of mistaken i.d ? yes Matt thats the one !He tried to do that with my Fosteriana White Bands ,but my lady friends ( the Aussie Beauties )jumped on him ,good to have nice friends ,now its listed as Fosteriana W. B , ,Gonzer, yes its on Oz Ebay , and i have done as you said, H.D i do agree, some keep doing it even after you try to correct them ,it only adds to confusion and people pay good money to get the wrong thing ,any one can make a mistake ,but if its pointed out and not rectified ? not honest! Jack

• vriesea
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ok , we have cleared the matter up ,and the sellers apologies accepted, made a mistake, and will remove the "the Daintree x Milky Way " formula , Jack

• splinter1804
    14 years ago

Hi everyone,

Yes Jack, I sent the seller an email right after your first post explaining that the plant hadn't been released yet and the hybridizer wasn't very happy with him/her.

Looks like the formula "The Daintree x Milky Way" has been removed, but it's still shown as being from the same parents as Rainbow Beach and (sic) "Show of Kasciusko"

So the same intention is still there and anyone looking up FCBS Photo Index can still see "The Daintree x Milky Way" as the parentage.

I'll certainly cross this seller of my list of preferred sellers.

All the best, Nev.

• vriesea
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Nev, thanks for that but she has now apparently removed all connections at my request ,I will give her the benefit of the doubt,it does no one any good ,best to check and recheck.in all fairness she admits that she does not know a lot, and i accept her apology, Jack