Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vriesea

Just a couple of photos

vriesea
14 years ago

Well Hi all and sundry ,I thought a would post these couple of piccies for budding hybridists ,show you what happens , first photo is of Vr,fosteriana ' White Bands ' F2 x with itself ( F3 i guess ) bear in mind its still a Vr,fosteriana , but as with all species if you get a select plant out of a batch of selfings ,then self that again you will get more ' select ' plants ,and so you eventually get something that is ' desirable ' for me this is so due to the fact this / or that result will breed paler plants than the original ,so this then is how one could do 2 crosses of say; Vr platynema x Vr, fosteriana ,and cross #1 will give different results to cross #2 because the fosteriana used in both cases may be 2 totally differing clones ,

{{gwi:438287}}

The next photo is of a hybrid not registered yet ,Vr 'My Butterfly ' this a cross between my Vr,'Milky Way' and Vr, platynema Variegata , its only problem is that it does not make as many leaves as i would like ,or as wide but thats from the Vr,platynema ,wich keeps leaves a bit narrower , but if this plant was selfed than the leaves become broader again ,as the Vr,'Milky way ' influence than becomes dominant ,

{{gwi:438289}}

This photo is to show that Vr,platynema Variegata is well worth using as it will give nice colours even if the plant itself does not show it , if selfed you will also get more pinks ,well i gotta go ,need to clean more backyard up as i am having visitors ,and i need to fool them into thinking i am dilligent (hahaha ) cheers ,Jack

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living