Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tillandsia Garden

Posted by tillandsiakyle Zone 10 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 29, 09 at 21:37

I need some inspiration on how to setup our tillandsia garden if you guys could post some pictures on how you have your tillandsia mounted or hung it would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tillandsia Garden

Imagination works great...cork bark, salt free wood, rocks. Latice is cool display as long as its not treated lumber. There are many mediums to work with. Look around for bare spaces in your yard that can be brightened up or a dull niche.

o

My problem is that I dont have a yard, just a small balcony. Good idea on the latice.

o

How about enclosing your patio with 4x4 corners and a coupla 2x4's on top? You can attach the vinyl lattice on the sides and top, or shadecloth on top.

Photobucket

o

very cool gonzer! that might work for some of our plants, I dont want to block our intercoastal view. how did you attach them to the lattice

o

After gluing them to cork bark pieces with either A6000 or Liquid Nails, insert drapery hooks (pin hooks) through the bark and hang 'em up. Echoing what Hdd said, maybe you could attach lattice to your wall so that there is about a 1" space between the two, enough to be able to hang your plants.

o

Hi tillandsiakyle, we grow our tills on an east facing verandah hanging from macrame and some on tall stands.

a couple of pics - Cheers Richard

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

thanks nutter, Ive been looking into stands so I can hang them, I want to grow as many clumps as possible.

o

Hi Gonz

That's a great collection of Till's you have there, and the idea with the lattice is so pratical and looks so neat and tidy as well.

Great stuff! all the best, Nev.

o

I just have a few plants in my apartment, here is how I set them up:

o

Here is what I ended up with
there is more on the other side too

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here