Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Long waiting Hohen. bloom in my garden.

Posted by udo69 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 8, 09 at 4:00

Hi All,

This winter in Thailand, the weather is very very cold. So many plants are pushed to flower.

Last week when I walked around my shade cloth and saw something happan to my Hohenbergia corriea araujoi. It's a big surprise. My Hohen. lady is awaken. She has bloomed....LOL. I got this plants nearly 10 years ago. I think I won't see its flower.

Hohen corrie araujoi flower 1

Hohen. corriea araujoi flower

Hohen. corriea araujoi flower 2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Long waiting Hohen. bloom in my garden.

Hi udo69 - Wow! what a plant, and what a fantastic shade house you have.

How big is it? It looks enormous. Is it a profesional nursery or just your private collection?

Sorry for all the questions but it is just so mouth-watering to look at.

All the best, Nev.

o

You said it Nev....LOL
you said exactly what I was thinking
I could pitch a tent in that heaven and happily live there ever after....hahahaaaaa
Udo, what a lovely flower coming on....how exciting
do they normally take 10 years to flower?????...omg...shocked

o

Hi Nev and Germaine,

Thank for the comment. I am a vigorous collector. I've sold and traded some plants sometoimes but not a trader.

In Thailand, Almost plant enthusiasts collect plants since they was very young. When they grow up. Their colletion also enlarge. I also collect plants since I was very young descended from my father. He is an orchid collector. My interest was expand to many varieties of plants but Bromeliads are my fevorite. I collect broms > 10 years.

In the middle of last year,sadly, my previous shade house was destroyed by summer strom. I'm not a loser. Hang in there you gonna be alright;-). Eventually, I started buliding my new shade house. It was built at the end of last year. It is about 1,800 square meters. It is one and a half of the previous one. Now it nearly fulls of plants. I'm also a hybridizer. I hybridize my own plants like Lisa and others. It's a difficult task but I love to do so.

Cheers
Yong

o

Ohhhh Yong, you inspire me
my first reaction is......."marry me"......hahahheheeeeee...LOL

You have done so well, I wanna be just like you when i grow up...LOL
Looking forward to seeing any other pics of yours in the future

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here