Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
udo69

My big Uncle Tim ...........

udo69
15 years ago

Hi All,

My big uncle are lanky and has kinky hair. He is a slow plowman. He has only a few son. He is impotent. Do you know who is my uncle? ;-)

{{gwi:442652}}

{{gwi:442653}}

Comments (6)

• avane_gw
    15 years ago

Your 'Big Uncle' is stunning!!

I always wanted one and got one a bit more than a year ago - I planted in a pot (with the same mix I use for Billbergias, and gave it the same treatment) and it died. Fast! So I got another one. It also started dying. So I read somewhere they like to be mounted and I promptly mounted my dying plant - in a shady place as it looked like the leaves were sunburnt, allthough it did not get much sun while in the pot. The original plant is still dying back more and more, but I see there are two little pups coming. So hopefully it will survive this time and in a couple of years look as nice as your one!

Japie

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

I like Quesnelia Tim Plowman too, but I'm not sure what you mean by "impotent", Yong. On the contrary, mine stands at attention all day long! ;-)

• splinter1804
    15 years ago

Hi Udo - That's a beautiful specimen you have there. The curling leaves are very eye catching and very different.

Are they coir chunks you have it growing in or is that a trade secret?

Sorry for always asking questions, but compared to most of you people I'm still very new to this hobby.

All the best, Nev.

• hotdiggetydam
    15 years ago

Plowman doesnt like soil much..does better in real woody mix

• udo69
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi All,

Japie. Tim is a very very slow plant. It needs a little mix. I usuall use coir chunks in small pot. It hates too much damp. I also have some probblem with sunburn during very hot summer even plant in 70% shade. I don't have an experience about mounting on tree. Maybe I would try... Hope you succeed with your plant and good growing.

Lisa. It's a joke;-) Uncle Tim is very very slow to produce pups. I think he is impotent. LOL He should have trained to be prolific. Plants in the picture take > 5 years from single plant.

Nev. In Thailand, most of us use coir chunks because it's cheap and easy to get. We have planty of coconut plantsd around. The main disadventage is it is very fast decomposed. We have to repot every 3-5 yrs.

HDD. You are right. Uncle Tim doesn't like soil much. I've never used woody mix. It's difficult to get woody mix and also expensive in Thailand.

Cheers
    Yong

• devo_2006
    15 years ago

Does anyone know if Quesnelia Tim Plowman is able to be self pollinated? And if so, what chance have the seedlings got of carrying on the curling leaf tip trait of this c.v?

Cheers, Andrew.

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus
More Discussions