Posted by hotdiggetydam (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 17, 09 at 19:01

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bromaloonie this is for you

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH........MYYYYYYYYYY

you know....mine used to look that nice till i repeatedly drowned the poor defencless thang

Thanks HDD......lol....for thinking of me and showing me your lovely Xero

when i first bought him he looked like this
I just sat him in another pot plant,while his other new home was being thought about and made
Photobucket

this is where he lived he was under cover and out of the rain and doing well

Photobucket

then realising he had no roots i thought well maybe he needed to go out in the big wide world and get wet with rain water(obviously for far too long...lol

Hes now out under the veranda sitting on something drying out and looking 100% better then last week....LOL

Cheers Germaine

o

I have seen some superb xerographicas growing out in the rain here in the wet tropics . One mounted on the side of an enormous granite boulder .

o

Often it's not the amount of moisture the plant receives, it's the direction in which it is mounted. When grown where there's ample moisture a sideways mount is usually best. This causes excess water to drain from the leaf bases more quickly rather than if pointed straight up like a turkey in the rain.

o

Ohhhhh ok.
The way it was in that huge log had bits of that coir and rock in a hollow but the hollow had drain holes so it was never sitting in puddles
but i can see how the bases of the leaves can catch too much moisture by sitting upright.
So its next new home will have to be sitting on a sideways angle for proper drainage
Thanks so much guys for your added imput into my Xeros well being...lol

o

Plant is stunning HDD, just stunning. So is the photo.

o

Thank you Paul. I will photo some more Tillys today to post. I don't grow many of these to many Neo's and dyckia's taking up the space.

o

Solution: get rid of the Neo's and Dyckias. Simple! ;-)

o
no way

NOT ! NOT! NOT!

o

Oh no Gonzer!
You should never put all your eggs in the one (Tillandsia) basket.

All the best, Nev.

o

wash ya mouth out Gonzer....HaHahahaaaaaaa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here