Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kabir21

Cryptanthus 2010

kabir21
14 years ago

Greetings to all the people who like Bromeliads. I collect Cryptanthus and here I show some photos of the Cryptanthus I have at home. Enjoy

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss22/kabir21/Cryptanthus%202010/007.jpg

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss22/kabir21/Cryptanthus%202010/036.jpg

Comments (16)

• kabir21
    Original Author
    14 years ago

{{gwi:447453}}

{{gwi:447454}}

• stephania
    14 years ago

Hi Kabir (^_*)

Quite late for the Valentine's, but these are for YOU and all Cryptanthus lovers.

{{gwi:447455}}

{{gwi:447456}}

PS The heart of Earth Star made of Crypt. 'Le Rey'

• kabir21
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wow ... it's beautiful!

Amazing!

I only have 2 Cryptanthus "Le Rey" I think, I'm missing many Cryptanthus to do something similar jejejeje

Thanks Chanin.

• splinter1804
    14 years ago

Hi everyone,

Kabir21, although I'm not a grower of Cryptanthus, I can still appreciate clean and tidy well grown plants such as yours. Keep your pic's coming.

Chanin, what can I say. Once again, you amaze us by posting something extraordinarily beautiful and different.

Are these pic's also from the wonderful Nong Nooch Tropical Gardens that you've posted other pic's from in the past?

Thankyou you both for posting.

All the best, Nev.

• splinter1804
    14 years ago

Hi everyone,

Kabir21, although I'm not a grower of Cryptanthus, I can still appreciate clean and tidy well grown plants such as yours. Keep your pic's coming.

Chanin, what can I say. Once again, you amaze us by posting something extraordinarily beautiful and different.

Are these pic's also from the wonderful Nong Nooch Tropical Gardens that you've posted other pic's from in the past?

Thankyou you both for posting.

All the best, Nev.

• splinter1804
    14 years ago

Hi all,

Sorry for the double posts, but GW said my message was rejected so I sent it again.

?????????????? Nev.

• kabir21
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello Splinter1804, greetings.

Thank you very much for your feedback, I try to be a grower Cryptanthus. I say try because beside Chanin or others I'm just a beginner.

And I agree with you. Chanin always puts amazing images. Thanks Chanin.

My photos are from my garden in Caracas, Venezuela.

best regards.

• paul_t23
    14 years ago

Hi everyone, nice plants.

Chanin, this might be a dumb question, but I just HAVE to ask: are those Crypts grown together in some sort of structure to make those shapes? Or are they loose plants tied together in an arrangement?

I've been stunned and intrigued by them ever since the first post of yours that I saw a couple of years ago. They are just amazing, and thanks for showing them. Cheers, Paul

• stephania
    14 years ago

:^)) I do understand your twice-told appreciations, Nev !

Actually, those lovely heart were offered in an ornamental plant shop
    at Suanluang Rama 9 annual plant show, Bangkok.
    The construction of Crypt. heart is made of crumpled wire mesh framework,
    interior filled with a kind of coconut fiber as growing media for hundread plants,
    so it's cetainly not a cheap pot plant, 2 feet heart is 100 $US cost.

{{gwi:447457}}

{{gwi:447458}}

{{gwi:447459}}

Kabir, I noticed in your 1st pic that you use fog sprinkler for your plant bed, right?
    That why your Crypt look so good.

• kabir21
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Chanin, it's true I use fog sprinkler to keep my Cryptanthus very wet. Especially at this time because the heat here in Venezuela is quite strong.

I am really impressed by the Hearts. How many Cryptanthus are in every heart? hundreds...

please more photos...

• barnabot
    14 years ago

Very very nice, these plants are so fabulous

• stephania
    14 years ago

I'm not sure how many plant making of those pink hearts, but these are

'Million Hearts' plant (^_*) (Dischidia ruscifolia)

{{gwi:447460}}

• kabir21
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Chanin, in your country The people do very nice things with plants. Impressive.

The production of Cryptanthus must be in hundreds of plants. The Nurseries should have thousands of Cryptanthus.

What do you think is the variety of Cryptanthus that exists in most nurseries in your area? I see that you have many Cryptanthus "Le Rey"....

• stephania
    14 years ago

As someone said, my country is one of the real paradise for exotic plant lovers.

{{gwi:447462}}

{{gwi:447463}}

• vriesea
    14 years ago

Hi Stephania ,the nursery shots remind me of my distant uncle in the Netherlands , Mr Ton Koning , he ( before he sold out ) used to produce over four hundred thousand Crypts a year for the European trade ,this is unheard of in any Australian nursery , we have no large plant nurseries in Australia , but population is small and distances are very large , great photos ,Jack

• fur_ellise77
    8 years ago

Hi! May i know how to make that hanging heart cryptanthus, please?

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH
More Discussions