Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
devo_2006

Fiesta Vriesea on show.

devo_2006
14 years ago

Here is a collection of the Vriesea on show at this years Fiesta, as much as IÂm a neo addict, I must say these Vriesea are just fantastic plants & they really do add a stylish touch to any bromeliad collection. I remember lining up to buy the first release of Tasman hybrids in 2003, they were primarily "green" plants with tessellationsÂbut they were something new, & very much sort after. Now in 2010 weÂre almost spoilt for choice with a whole range of well coloured, & well patterned foliage Vriesea, theyÂve come along way in 7 yrs... IÂm really looking forward to what will be released over the next few years.

OK, now for the main courseÂ

First up, is the classic sp Vr fenestralis

{{gwi:448387}}

{{gwi:448388}}

A NZ favourite, Vr. Golden Legend that originally came from Aussie.

{{gwi:448389}}

Next, the main prize winner, yes itÂs the popular Vistarella

{{gwi:448390}}

Vr. Misty Pink

{{gwi:448391}}

Vr. Pink Magic

{{gwi:448392}}

Vr. Tasman hybrid

{{gwi:448393}}

Vr. Mint Julep

{{gwi:448394}}

Vr Starbright, one of my favourites.

{{gwi:448395}}

Vr. White Mystic, winner of the NZ hybrid section.

{{gwi:448396}}

The stunning Vr. Cherry Ice, and behind is a well grown Vr. Nova Pink Beauty

{{gwi:448398}}

Vr Misty Taupo

{{gwi:448400}}

And a taste of the Vr. hybrids for sale, enough to tempt any brom addict. Some people were buying these by the box load, & coming back for more!

{{gwi:448402}}

{{gwi:448403}}

{{gwi:448404}}

Finally for dessert, a lovely petit treat of subtle variegation, this is something I envisage weÂll see more of as the future of Vriesea hybridising unfolds.

Vr. Lady hybrid

I trust you have enjoyed this Vriesea banquet & that it has sufficiently fuelled the addiction ;-)

>

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions