Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brommad16

My Huge Neo Unknow ID ?

brommad16
15 years ago

Hi

A long time ago i posted a pic this younger neo for ID

Now its fully grown and flowering and has colour since being moved to my new brom house which gets a lot more light

Its spans up to 2 meters wide as can be see in pics how it dwarfs other normal size broms.

Any one know correct name now,?

{{gwi:450583}}

Also a few pics of my new bromhouse

The Entrance

{{gwi:450586}}

All that room, But for how long is the big Question lol

{{gwi:450589}}

{{gwi:450592}}

A few Brom Group pics

{{gwi:450594}}

{{gwi:450596}}

{{gwi:450598}}

I call this the leaning broms They all have the lean of mums with pups

{{gwi:450600}}

Comments (4)

• hotdiggetydam
    15 years ago

Very nice brom house
    I think you plant is 'Caribbean sunset' it will take alot of direct sun. Check FCBS site for photo's

• splinter1804
    15 years ago

Hi Brommad16,
    That's a terrific looking brom house you have there and quite adequate (for now) for housing your great looking collection. I wonder how long it will take to fill it up.

An old friend once told me that when estimating the size of your shade house, you work out how large you think it should be, and how many plants you intend getting. You then double the estimated size of the shade house and halve the number of intended plants, and you will still be a bit cramped.

Good looking plants; and I also like the "Grand Entrance".

Great stuff! All the best, Nev.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Web

• purplestar
    15 years ago

Hi Brommad16, great brom house you have there! Now where have I seen that before? Hmmmmmmmmmmm ;-)

Kay also check out Neo Calypso for your unnamed brom.

cheers Rossana

Here is a link that might be useful: Neo Calypso

• brommad16
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thanks every one, will check out those names on FCBS
    I thought about having it as feature to brom house where it would get sun most of day but with 40-45C temps most of summer think its a bit much for even it.

Wonder where you seen that bromhouse before Rossana LOL

Splinter I did that, i more than doubled my old brom house, new one is 64sq meters, But when my broms grow bigger than mormal size, they sure take up extra room, this one, Narelles Surprise, is big at not quite a meter wide, but i dont know what the usual size for it is, most i have like Bobby Dazzler,Azure, Charm,Royal Burgundy Supreme, Jack Clone,Enchantment to name a few are all near a meter wide,so do take up a huge area, there are over 500 broms in that bromhouse plus about 249 pups.
    So i have to stop somewhere ......... lol one day or extend the brom house again, I'm lucky i have a huge back yard, but getting around my other 1/2 to allow it is the problem.

I live in a cold winter area where temps get to -5 -6C so have to be protected, i cant plant them out in gardens how i would like them.
    Showing a few huge ones
    Narelles Surprise

{{gwi:450602}}

Jacks Clone, another huge brom as can be seen in comparison of brom to right of it, and Jaffa just showing to left isn't a small brom either.

{{gwi:450604}}

Black Forest, and as you can see because of my temp changes i get a lot of bars on broms but love that look anyway so dont mind
    {{gwi:450606}}

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions