Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
brittlestarf2

Posted by bryan69 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 20, 10 at 11:58

I just broke this plant up will have some nice size plants for sale at the world conference in July
Dyckia Brittlestarf2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: brittlestarf2

Yep your a big tease when you start posting these LOL

o

I was planning on going to the conference for the plant sale. I was hoping to be able to get some of the Baker hybrids but a member that will be selling there told me there won't be any for sale. I have never been to the conference plant sale, do you think he is correct? If I knew there would be some for sale I would definitely go.
Your Dyckias look absolutely beautiful!

paul in AR

o

There should be a lot of dyckias. Tropiflora, Michaels, and the member sales should be a lot of dyckias. I do have some of bakers hybrids don't know how many will be ready for the conference but it should be good

o
RE: brittlestarf2 Baker

I have tried all the on-line nurseries such as those you mention but neither is selling any of the named Baker hybrids. I would really like to find some of those.

o
RE: brittlestarf2 1

which ones are you looking for?

o
RE: baker

Any of the named one's such as Keswick, Tarzan, Bill paylen, Brittlestar original, etc.

o

Good luck on that search Paul..there are several of us that are hunting those plants..in vain I fear..

o

The onlyone I don't have is Tarzan

o
RE: baker hybrids

Yes, I realize there are a lot of folks looking for Baker hybrids. My only hope is that someone may want to trade. Mid to late summer I am hoping my seedlings will be large enough to start selling but it may be longer. I have dozens of rare Dyckia species that have not been seen in the US.

o

I do alot of trading its the best way to add to your collection. Let me know when you are ready

o
RE: trading

If you email me at paroan2001@yahoo.com with your email address I will contact you when they are ready.

o

Some of my best plants I got in trades

o

Really stunning! Bryan, hope we can trade too. I've done some nice hybrids here.

o

Hello Bryan and all,

Your plant is a real stunner. I have Brittle Star F2 got from Michael looks different from you. I think there is so many clone of it in trade. Brittle Star original clone is one of my wish list that is very very difficult to get. I spend many month searching for this plant but that's failed.

I get in to Dyckia for a few year. There is a few plant offer in trade esp.Bill Baker's plants are the most difficult to get. I'm looking for source of Dyckia in USA only Michael and Tropiflora offer a few.

I got some hybrids from my friend in AU. They all are nice.
Here is some plants posted in Thai webboard.
http://www.pantown.com/board.php?id=38770&area=4&name=board11&topic=377&action=view
http://www.pantown.com/board.php?id=38770&area=4&name=board11&topic=388&action=view

I'm willing to trade plants with other plants to share.

Cheers
Yong

o

I have 'Brittle Star', Brittle Star f2 and Brittle Star f3.

This is a photo of the real thing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dyckia 'Brittle Star'

o

Turtlewalker do you have a little larger photo?

o

I have 'Brittle Star', Brittle Star f2 and Brittle Star f3.
This is a photo of the real thing.
I hope this works I'm not good at adding photos to this

Here is a link that might be useful: Dyckia Brittle Star

o

Good picture Turtlewalker. Nice plant too :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here