Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
splinter1804

Testing, Testing 1,2,3,

splinter1804
15 years ago

Hi everyone, I'm still trying to post a pic.

{{gwi:451901}}

Here's hoping, all the best, Nev.

Comments (10)

• avane_gw
    15 years ago

Very nice colourful, successful first try Nev! Now you got no excuse not to show us more!

Japie

• kerry_t_australia
    15 years ago

Congratulations, Nev! Now you can "show and tell" with us. I knew you could do it! Isn't modern technology wonderful? - albeit frustrating at times.

And, like Japie said, that's a wonderful colourful introduction. I look forward to more :)

Cheers,
    Kerry

• splinter1804
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi all - Thanks to HDD for the guidelines and Kerry (Who sent me step by step instructions for "old farts")I can now join the rest of you and share some pic's.
    All the best, Nev.

• bromaloonie
    15 years ago

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO Way to go Nev

More pics please

• paul_t23
    15 years ago

Hi Nev, nice photo & great colour.

Looks very much like a really nice one I saw in pride of place on the bench at the Illawarra Brom Soc show last winter ??? It started me collecting recurvatas and I've picked up a few now, but none have reached the stage of colouring up yet (get full morning sun and growing quick and solid, so hopefully soon).

Is that one in the photo a particular variety? Looks like a nice chunky form.

Cheers, Paul

• splinter1804
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Paul

That plant is from one I originally bought from an old chap who was selling out due to ill health. It wasn't showing any colour when I first saw it and I didn't know what it was, but he said it was nice when it coloured up and I took his word for it and bought it.

Since then it just continued to multiply to the extent that I now have them all through my front garden which at the time of planting was suffering badly from visiting cats damaging anything I planted; not any more, they don't like the prickles!

What I like about them is they can take all the sun they can get,(even the Jan 43 degree C. day) without any damage and when they colour up in a large group they are quite eye catching.

If I can find a pic of the garden bed I will post it and you will see what I mean.

All the best, Nev.

• splinter1804
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Paul - It's me again, I finally found the pic I was looking for. I think it proves that if you take common plants and grow them together in large numbers, they can still look good.
    {{gwi:451902}}

All the best, Nev.

• bromeliaddict
    15 years ago

Hey Nev,
    That's really cool! I've never seen anything quite like that before.
    It looks like you've finally gotten the picture posting thing down pat!

Paul

• paul_t23
    15 years ago

Hi Nev, what a great patch - I am inspired! Cheers, Paul

• kerry_t_australia
    15 years ago

Fantastic effect, Nev! What a great way to display them en masse like that.
    Thanks for the visual feast. :)

Cheers,
    Kerry

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County
More Discussions