Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flamingo Gardens/Broward

Posted by fl_gypsy (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 1, 10 at 16:00

Has anyone here ever attended the Spring Garden Event or the Orchid/Bromeliad Expo and Sale at the Flamingo Gardens?
I've been to the sales at the Mounts Botonical Gardens in West Palm and really enjoy them. Just found out about the FG sales. Opinions please. If they are good, I want to attend the sale on April 3.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flamingo Gardens/Broward

I've never been to the Flamingo Gardens sales. You might want to hit the nearby Searle Bros sale this weekend. They have a pretty good selection of bromeliads. I usually go and buy a few.

Searle Brothers Nursery, Inc. &
The Rainforest Collection presents...
The 12th Annual Spring Plant Extravaganza!
March 5th, 6th & 7th 2010

o

Thanx for the info. I went to their web and it said that they have two public sales a year but didn't see the date for the second one. I am going to the Mounts Sale in April and I think the Fl Gardens Sale this month so I better pass on the Searle Brothers this time........I'm like a kid in a candy store when I go to these things and go crazy. As I have trouble controling myself once I get to the sale, I'd better limit myself to one sale a month. If you know the date of the second one for Searle Brothers I would appreciate the information.

o

I got some nice broms (and a palm) at the Searle Bros sale:

W. kupperiana
N. carcharodon 'Tiger'
N. 'Purple Star'
and something that is supposed to be a L. Vinzant hybrid. I'll post the pic soon.

o

The one this I really don't like about the Searle Bros sale is the lack of name tags on most broms. Most everything else, like palms, that I looked at was well labeled but not the broms. Anybody want to guess at the name of this one that is supposed to be a Vinzant hybrid.

o

First time I've missed the sale. At least they had more than just landscaping broms.

Your "hybrid" looks like Neo. rubrovittata to me. Great plant anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here