Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bromeliads for living/vertical wall

Posted by lyndi_whye 10 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 17, 10 at 21:44

These pictures were taken at Hortpark, Singapore.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pictures of other Living Walls
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bromeliads for living/vertical wall

Very nice Lyndi. Love this idea of using broms vertically, hence our wall. Also the ones in Nong nooch Thailand are out of this world. Thanks for showing this off, any more pics?

o

Hi Lyndi, great photos, Like J&A I enjoy seeing plants used in vertical walls espec broms as they are just so well suited to growing this way. With the typical residential section becoming smaller & smaller, it's a good option to display a collection of plants without taking up too much space. Do you know what the broms @ Hortpark are growing in or on? Looks like some sort of mat???
I was inspired to start growing broms on vertical walls after seeing these photos of the Montane house at the Singapore Botanical Gardens...are they still there?

Here are before & after photos taken from an article Derek Butcher did on the gardens years ago.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Just imagine having a wall of your house planted out like this...

Cheers, Andrew.

o

Amazing feature walls! A lot more appealing than just a coat of Dulux!

Down the track a bit I am looking at creating a vertical garden or two (on a MUCH smaller scale than these of course) so would be great to see pics of the vertical gardens people here have created and the best materials etc.

Thanks for the pics folks
Kristan

o

Andrew, I am sorry to say that I have not seen this part of our SBG. Will check it out when I have time.

A few more pictures from Hortpark but not on the walls.

Afgekia
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Rangoon Creeper
Photobucket

Plumeria Dwarf Singapore Pink or Petite Pink
Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here