Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purplestar_gw

What am I really?

purplestar
14 years ago

Hi brom nuts! I was wondering if you could help me with this one. I purchased this as Neophytum Firefoam??? from an Oz auction site and it came in the mail yesterday. I placed my bid thinking I was bidding on a pup taken from the mum in the auction pic. I ran over to fcbs while the listing was still running and couldn't find Neophytum Firefoam, so I thought the seller possibly may have made a mistake, so I checked out the other bigenerics and decided that what she was actually selling was Neotanthus Firefoam because it matched her pic much better.

I emailed the seller asking did she really mean Neotanthus and she admitted she made an error. Ok no probs!

Anyway yesterday I opened my box and this brom looks nothing like the Neotanthus Firefoam shown on FCBS OR the seller's auction pic.

What did I get instead? HELP! LOL!

This next pic shows the underside of the leaf which screams neo spectabilis to me, The leaves feel very tough and stiff.

I have a Neotanthus 'Cardboard'. Is there a chance this could be a variegated form?

Now that I think of it, this pup even looks like a shade grown Neoregelia 'Perfection' ... Like I need another one of those like a hole in the head. LOL I don't have the room for too many big ones.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
More Discussions