Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How can you resist

Posted by bromaloonie Queensland (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 15, 09 at 1:39

These foliage vriesias
I think they would have to be my second love when it comes to broms after Neos
I took a stack of pics showing down the throat, not for any reason in particular....just stuffin round when they are looking nice and the rain has drawn all their colours out

1.Platty
Photobucket

2.Red Chestnut seedling
Photobucket

3.Kiwi Dusk
Photobucket

4.Kiwi Sunset
Photobucket

5.Kiwi Cream(my fave in the series)
Photobucket

6.Heirogliphica
Photobucket

7.? dont know off the top of my head
Photobucket

8.Red Chestnut
Photobucket

9.?dont know off the top of my head again...lol
Photobucket

10.Erotica
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How can you resist

Hi Germaine, great to see all of them, but the patterning on that hieroglyphica is something special. Is it a big plant yet? Cheers, Paul

o

Beautiful plants Germaine. I am starting to collect a few now but don't know if I will get the colour you have.
Love hieroglyphica. As Paul said, it is something special.

o

Hi Germaine - beautiful plants, as usual! Thanks for showing.

#7 maybe Vr saudersii? Those spots are a wee bit more prominent than mine, but the leaves of mine are also a little bit more grey. So it could be as a result of slightly different growing conditions.

#9 definitely Vr fenestralis

Japie

o

Hi Germaine - Nice collection you have there.

Gotta agree with Paul, that hieroglyphica is really something special and also quite different from the normal ones I have.

All the best, Nev

o

WOW Do you really think it looks something special?
It just looks like hieroglyphica to me cause its the only one I have at the moment. It is a 1/4 grown plant im thinking due to the size ive seen them grow in these parts, But it is fairly big i guess.
Well Nev I cant wait to recieve yours and see the difference then...LOL...this will be interesting....hehe

Japie, Yes I think your spot on with those names. They are the kind of names that dont sit at the top of my head fluently...LOL
its always about conditions conditions isnt it. Broms change from town to town practicly

Here is the same plant
Photobucket
Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here