Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
junglajungle

Please ID this plant

Junglajungle
11 years ago

Hello, I acquired these two plants about two years ago. I tried rooting them in water because I thought they were some type of desert plant...they did get roots, but the roots were white with the thickness of dental floss. I tried to grow them as air plants; they did ok for about a year...they kept growing new leaves, but at the same time they would dry out. About 2 months ago I decided to put them on orchid bark and placed them by my kitchen window. I water them just like I water my orchids. With this method they have been growing and keeping the new leaves and growing roots. The lady who gave them to me had a very thick branch from another plant (she had it in her garage for just a few days before she gave them to me). On the branch a lot of these little plants were attached to it. The funny thing is that they did not have roots...it was like they were a part of the branch.
I hope someone can id these plants so I can make sure IâÂÂm growing them correctly. Thank you so much for taking a look at them. Ariana

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions