Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rickta66

Bromeliad Bonanza Brisbane - a few photos

rickta66
13 years ago

Hello all,

The other post was corrupted so I couldn't add photos.

My wife was with me and didn't feel like watching me take photos, the amount I broms I was going to buy was directly related to how happy she was so a few shots only.

I don't know most of the names - a rush job.

Rick

Vr. Forest

{{gwi:454860}}

{{gwi:454861}}

{{gwi:454862}}

{{gwi:454863}}

{{gwi:454864}}

{{gwi:454865}}

{{gwi:454866}}

{{gwi:454867}}

{{gwi:454868}}

{{gwi:454869}}

{{gwi:454870}}

{{gwi:454871}}

The one below was a bigeneric - I took a picture of the tag but the flash washed it our - it was a xVrieslandsia or xGuzvriesea I think with a four lettered name.

{{gwi:454872}}

{{gwi:454873}}

Comments (12)

• splinter1804
    13 years ago

Hi Rick,

Thanks heaps for taking the trouble to get some pic's for those of us who couldn't be there.
    Great pic's and very much appreciated.

Thanks again, all the best, Nev.

• neomea
    13 years ago

Thanks Rick!!!

Great pics and even better plants!
    Did anyone "shop" the medio-picta Alc? Wow that baby would look good in my garden!

Cheers

Dennis

• bromaholic
    13 years ago

Well done & thanks Rick...but what about your haul?? Did Mrs Rick allow you any?

Nice displays as usual; and good to see my home society (Gold Coast) put on a good show - thanks to Narelle A I'd say.

Dennis, that Alc would be Moray I think - the variegated glaziouana. Even more stunning in the flesh.

• lyndi_whye
    13 years ago

Rick,

Thanks for the eye candies!

• stoney225
    13 years ago

It looks like there were plenty of nice plants to look at. The bigeneric looks like Guzvriesea 'Purple Rain.'

• chrisn82
    13 years ago

Them pesky non-brom interested wives! Looks like a good show! Thanks for takin pics for those who couldnt be in attendence!

• kerry_t_australia
    13 years ago

Thanks for the show photos, Rick - great society displays as usual. They are always so artistically arranged, and with great quality broms.
    Yes - what did you buy? Were you there at "sparrow fart" and brave the opening rush?

I think that bigeneric might be xGuzvriesea 'Happa'.

K :)

• rickta66
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everybody,

Kez/Shane,

I picked up quite a few, Ae. distichantha x chantinii, Ae. blanchetiana red form, Vr. Megan, Vr. fosteriana var. seideliana rubra form, Neo. pascoaliana and a few others that I have forgotten the names of.

I'll post some photos on a new thread later.

Cheers,

Rick

• paul_t23
    13 years ago

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the pics. Some beautiful plants there - always great to see what's around. I know the name bit is a challenge, but is there any chance you happened to notice the name of the large Vriesea in the right-hand background in the first pic of Vr. 'Forrest'?

Is it a really dark Megan - or is it something else really cool that I think I might desperately need to get, with all that money I have saved by not winning an Alc. 'Moray'on eBay?

Cheers, Paul

• rickta66
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Paul,

I think it was Megan, Robert Dilling was there with his plants and pointed over that way to convince that we had to have a Vr. Megan.

{{gwi:454874}}

Rick

• paul_t23
    13 years ago

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the info, and nice purchase!. It should be stunning when it gets its full white edging as we head towards next summer. I've just survived a long wait to get the first pup from a mate's plant and can't wait to see it do its thing. (PS the Androlepis pup is starting to get a nice bit of red.)

Cheers, Paul

• SandyTroy
    9 years ago

thinking your photos are wonderful... also..... I am made to that that the xguzvriesea (tall burgundy and white) is guzvriesea happa.

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz
More Discussions