Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with NOID

Posted by blue_heeler (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 4, 09 at 2:49

I bought this brom at a market and it had no name. Walking towards it, it looked like the colouring of an Alcantarea Imperialis Rubra. On closer inspection it had spike on the edges of the leaves. The seller said it gets an orange flower on a spike and grows to a large plant. The leaves are not shiny but rather dull, so Aechmea Shining Light is out. Any ideas anyone?
NOID

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with NOID

could be Ae. manzanaresiana .. they were sold as tessmanii rubra for a few years from Peter Tristrams nursery . When the first one flowered at Whyanbeel I was stunned at the large infloresence . Pictures on fcbs do not do it justice .. I will send Kerry a picture to post // just cannot be bothered with photohosting ..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here