Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geebus_gw

BSQ Easter Show - More Pics

geebus
14 years ago

Evening Garden Webbers!

I didn't want to clutter up Rick's thread too much and there is some duplicate pics but a few other items thrown in there. Like Rick I was being tailed during the event by the 7 month old and my partner so it was a bit of a rush job! Didn't pick up a single addition to the collection!!!! I have too many to love as it is. :)

Enjoy!

Gordon.

{{gwi:456010}}

{{gwi:456013}}

{{gwi:456016}}

{{gwi:456018}}

{{gwi:456020}}

{{gwi:456022}}

{{gwi:456023}}

{{gwi:456025}}

{{gwi:456027}}

{{gwi:456029}}

{{gwi:456031}}

{{gwi:456033}}

{{gwi:456035}}

{{gwi:456036}}

{{gwi:456037}}

Comments (17)

• lyndi_whye
    14 years ago

Gordon,

Thanks for more pictures!

• splinter1804
    14 years ago

Hi everyone

Gordon, thank's for the pic's from me also, they're much appreciated.

Isn't it great to have GW members who are willing to take the time photographing plants at shows and then post them on this forum for the rest of us to look at.

Thank's again, all the best, Nev.

• chrisn82
    14 years ago

Is that an Aech biflora? I think I might need to get me one of those.

• kerry_t_australia
    14 years ago

Thanks Gordon - more lovely photos for us to drool over. You certainly showed amazing self-control to look, but not touch or buy!

Chris - that does look like Ae. biflora in flower - highly recommended!
    I want to know what the beautiful brom is with pink multi-bracts, in the photo before the Ae. biflora. Vriesea? Till? Bigeneric? Looks like it could have been created by some Arden magic....maybe?

K :)

• rickta66
    14 years ago

Nice photos Gordon.

I have a Hoh. correia-araujoi that has four pups coming up, I was thinking about leaving them as a clump, your last picture has made up my mind to give it a go.

Thanks,

Rick

• geebus
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi All.

Nev, happy to repay a favour where I can!

Rick, that Hoh; is certainly a monster of a plant! I don't have anything too exotic at this stage I don't think, happy to kill off some common stocks first before dabbling in the harder to find stuff!

Kerry I went back over the days photo's and I only took that single frame of the pink multi-bracts, I can email you a higher res copy of the image if you would like to take a better look for clues? Probably the other stuff next to it on the table will be the clue to it's official labelling?

Regards
    Gordon.

• kerry_t_australia
    14 years ago

Thanks Gordon - yes I am curious about that plant, and another closer view would be appreciated. If it's a relatively recent import by Olive, I could then send her your photo by email, and ask her - if O.K. with you?

Ha! I like your philosophy re killing off some common stock first, before investing in some rarer treats - such restraint! Take care of that common stock though - they're common because they are tough, attractive, and around for a while. BUT, if we discard them for newer delights, we could lose them altogether, eventually...

• brom_adorer
    14 years ago

Beaut pics Gordon! Thanks for posting them
    Kerry, a friend took some pics while at the same show, and I think the one you're liking, is Vrieslandia 'Harmony Too'
    I only saw a pic of the flower though, and not the foliage, but the flowers certainly looked to be from the same plant. I've no idea who has it, but at least you have a name to begin with.
    BA

• kerry_t_australia
    14 years ago

Thanks for the name, BA. Sorry about the delayed response - I've just returned home after being away for several days.

Hmm...that lovely bigeneric is on my long wish list from Mr Arden. I will be visiting him in August with Andy - can't wait!

• LisaCLV
    14 years ago

I was wondering about that one too, Kerry. Thanks for the name, BA-- checking FCBS, it looks like a match. Judging by the photo files, Arden appears to be the king of xVrieslandsias. I knew he'd done a few, but not so many. There are some real stunners in there!

• sdandy
    14 years ago

I dare say that he has done quite a bit more than what is registered. Don't think about it too much yet Kerry...you still need to sleep a little before August! (But his greenhouses are amazing)
    -andy

• paul_t23
    14 years ago

Hi guys,

Great pics Gordon. My question isn't nearly as exotic but I've decided to hang it out there anyway, 'cause I think I gotta getta couple more plants!

Two of those Neos really leap out at me, both with the top half of the plant heavily coloured: the vivid pink one with 13-14 plants in a circle around the Brom Soc Qld sign in pic 6, and the vivid red one with 5-6 plants arranged in front of that Ae. biflora in pic 9.

I know there are plenty of plants around that are sort of like that, but those two particular ones are just stunners. If anyone, eg a Brom Soc Qld member, happens to know exactly which plants they are, then I'd just love to find out!

Cheers, Paul

• rickta66
    14 years ago

Paul,

I think the pink one is Neo. Pink sensation, the red one could be Neo. Magali - Olive has some Magalis but won't be releasing them until later.

Cheers,

Rick

• paul_t23
    14 years ago

Hi Rick,

Thanks for that. I've been eyeing off 'Pink Sensation' for a while so it looks like it is now on the menu, and my Magali pup is starting to shape up and colour up. If it gets like that, I'll sure be a happy chappy!

Cheers, Paul

• bromadams
    14 years ago

Paul, I've had 'Pink Sensation' for a few years now and I've gotten quite a few pups and have them growing in various places trying to figure out how to get them looking right. So far I've had success with only one of them, the one growing in the orchid basket but that one has always been pink even as a tiny pup.

• paul_t23
    14 years ago

Hi Nick, thanks for the info. I became the proud owner of a 'Pink Sensation' pup about 5 minutes after having motivated myself in my last posting, so now I guess I'll be into the experimenting too!

After a bit of trial and error I seem to have found a spot where 'Magali' is colouring up nicely, so I think I'll put 'Pink Sensation' right next to it and see what happens .... won't that be a "nice" colour combination if both colour up together .... !!! Cheers, Paul

• bromadams
    14 years ago

If you get good results with pups from Pink Sensation and Magali then let us know how to do it.

Sponsored
More Discussions