Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Neoregalia ID

Posted by fredrump_garden 10a Naples, FL (fredrump@gmail.com) on
Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 12:44

Could this be Neoregelia Carcharodon 'Macho'? Does anybody have that plant and can compare. Mine is grown pretty much in full sun. Others machos I've seen are much greener.
fred
PS this baby is 3 feet across and over a foot high.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Neoregalia ID

Fred you need to post a picture for identification.

o

Doesn't the picture show when filling in the image file to upload link? I thought I did this.

o

Wish I could offer some better help, but great looking neo! You seem to be on the mark with Carcharodon 'Macho', but I'm wondering if it could be Carcharodon 'Giant'? Reds and bronzes definitely get stronger with high sun exposure. Here's a giant, and if it were just a bit more tanned it would look just like yours: http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g16/jeromt/Neoregelia/NeocarcharodonGiant.jpg

A short discussion on the two:
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/bromeliad/msg0700255117881.html

o

Can't fix the photo but fixed the broken link (below).

Carol in Jacksonville

Here is a link that might be useful: Carcharodon 'Macho' and 'Giant'

o

I think the Giant has a more pronounced and point tip (spike) at the leaf end. Take a look at my 'giant'.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here