Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Neo Inca is....

Posted by winterlager 10b (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 15, 08 at 15:44

I'm tired of looking at my Neo Inca. The thing is dull and boring. Anybody have a good looking Inca or know how to give it some color? Mine has even started to flower and still it's ugly.

When I bought it:

Now:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Neo Inca is....

They look better in clumps and/or mixed with other broms for contrast

o

HDD would you say that there are better plants? If you could "only" have 150 varieties of broms would Inca be one of them?

o

If you think that looks bad you should see one that was kept indoors under lights all winter. I can't wait to get everything back outside!

o

Winter I would have 'Inca fire' in that count..I will try to post a picture before I leave

o

Inca Fire is a completely different plant. I looked at that in FCBS today when checking plain ole Inca. I think I like Inca Fire quite a bit more.

o
good plant

Its brighter....but Inca has its redeeming qualities as a parent :)

o

I see that Jason M has used it (Inca x Fireball) to make a bunch of mildly interesting crosses. I've never had a Fireball flower so I won't be doing that cross. I have a Granada, Compacta and Catherine Wilson flowering at the same time so I'll cross those and then give any Inca pups away (I know somebody who has never met a Neo he didn't like) and be rid of it. I just wish I had some Rosy Morn pollen. I like the Cruenta influence.

o

mildly interesting...isnt the term I would use on those plants LOL

o

HDD, you may be right. I've used Inca as the pollen parent for 4 genera! Maybe one or two will actually look good.

o

Hi Guys

To be fair...its dull. Bromadams X looks a lot better!

Cheers

Dennis

o

That's not a cross, that's the real thing, but it does look good from the side after a few tough months on a plumaria. It will be many months before any of the crosses are big enough to show color.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here