Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ballona Show/Sale and Miniature Exchange?

Posted by epiphyte78 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 30, 13 at 16:19

Bonsais are really interesting...but bonsais with epiphytes attached to them are even more interesting. Yay or nay?

Epiphytes on Crassula

Here's a list of epiphytes that I've attached to my Crassula "bonsai" and here are a couple of close up photos...

Tillandsia tricholepis Ball

NOID Miniature Tillandsias

Anybody in Southern California have any miniature Tillandsias that you'd be interesting in trading? If so, then bring them to the Ballona Show/Sale this Saturday.

Here are some of the Tillandsias that I'll bring to trade...

Tillandsia capillaris
Tillandsia capillaris Pitchfork
Tillandsia funkiana?
Tillandsia loliacea
Tillandsia tricholepis

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ballona Show/Sale and Miniature Exchange?

Buying the plants is a much easier way than trades.

o

hotdiggetydam, it really depends on availability. For all I know, some guy on the next block has all the Tillandsias that I don't have...and I've got all the Tillandsias that he doesn't have. The only way to find out is by throwing it out there.

Also, why spend more money on plants if I don't have to? I've already spent too much money on plants and am now at the stage where most of my new acquisitions are from exchanges with other hobbyists, vendors and botanical gardens.

o

Your Tricholepis ball/clump is gorgeous. I really enjoy Diaphoranthema tillandsia. Often times (unfortunately) this subgenus takes a 'back seat' to other species, cultivars & hybrids.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here