Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
plant id

Posted by nil13 z21 Mt. Washington L (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 18, 13 at 18:16

I rescued some plants the other day and this was in the bunch. IIRC, it's in the bromeliad family. thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: plant id

• Posted by udom asia (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 19, 13 at 7:48

It is bilbergia, I have too.

o

• Posted by nil13 z21 Mt. Washington L (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 19, 13 at 12:55

ahh so it is. Thanks udom.

I now have three huge potfulls. I think I just might have to build a green wall for them.

o

Hi nil13

I think your plant is Billbergia nutans a very commonly grown Billbergia species.

All the best, Nev.

o

Nil13, I have been looking for that particular bromeliad. Yes, I know it is common, and called the Friendship Plant, but I don't have any friends that have it. Would you be interested in a swap? Are you looking for any particular broms or other plants? I live in Zone 9a in Jacksonville, Florida. I'm not sure of your Zone: zone 21? I would be happy to pay for postage, too.

To other posters on this site: as recommended, I have looked on eBay and I just don't trust the photos or the sellers that are currently selling this plant. There is something squirrely about each of those sellers. :)

Carol

o

Carol there are a few Aussie posters that post each other plants.
This way you are increasing your plants and getting good stock for the cost of postage. I have bought off ebay and had some good and bad plants.

o

Sunshine, yes, yes, yes! I think (I hope) we are on the same page. That is exactly what I am trying to do! (The only reason I even mentioned eBay is because the last time someone asked another poster for a Nutans, a third person came along and suggested that they just buy it from eBay because they are inexpensive.) I would far rather trade plants. :)

Carol

This post was edited by love_the_yard on Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 19:18

o

Carol hopefully someone willing to swap plants will send you an email.

Are you in a brom club?

o

Sunshine, wouldn't that be great?! No, I am not in a bromeliad club. I only started to learn about broms about a year ago and I'm not sure if we have a club in my area.

Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here