Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dyckia Keswick

Posted by bryan69 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 14, 09 at 18:33

On a sad note I just found out that Bill Baker has passed away. A great loss to the bromeliad world and mostly the dyckia lovers. Keswick was one of his hybrids I got last fall
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dyckia Keswick

That is very sad...

o

He died of a heart attact laying on his soffa saturday

o

What a shock, He was such a great person who taught me alot. He'll be missed.

o

A great tribute to show a plant like that.

o

While our country, Thailand was in a political crisis, it was a great shock
to learn of the death of a great man !!!
He was a very fine Dyckia hybridizer, and I am sure he will be greatly missed by brom people.
Please accept my condolences.

Bill Baker's Dyckia 'Brittle Star'

Photobucket

o

This's a bad news. I'm condoled with you. He going to meet the heaven.We're recognized the great things which're done by him.

o

In Memoriam of Bill Baker...

Bill Baker with my friend at La Ballona Valley Bromeliad Society Show last year.

Photobucket

o

I was lucky to get one of his Keswick's last year--a really wonderful hybrid and a definite favorite.

I heard about this news at our bromeliad meeting tonight and could not believe it. I was just down in LA last month exchanging plants with him. He had a penchant for aroids, so I would regularly bring down some unique ones to him on my trips down there, and we'd talk about cultivating them and plant hybridizing, among things.

This is really sad news, and he will live on in our memories.

Peace to you, Bill, and condolences to your family and friends.

Tom

o

There is now a kind of new breeze in the Net for those who enjoy to cultivate Dyckias. I live in Brazil and I am fond of Dyckias. Take a look at this:http://dyckiabrazil.blogspot.com/
You will ge to know some new Dyckia species and most are totally new to science. Soth in Brazil some very attactive Dyckia species has been found. Take a loot at I am sure you will enjoy this trip to my garden...come on...and come in.
You are welcome.
Constantino

Here is a link that might be useful: http://dyckiabrazil.blogspot.com/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here