Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
remember this Neo?

Posted by gonzer (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 8, 09 at 18:58

I haven't seen one bloom like this before? Or do I just need to get out more often?

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: remember this Neo?

Ah,yes.The classic Neo x Lotus blossom. Recombinant DNA. E-veal science at work.
Nope,never seen it but it's a beaut.

o

Is that the medusa? Wow! Very interesting.

o

That's stunning, Gonzer! I wish mine would do that. Is there actually a flower inside? I remember when I tried to find out everything I can about King's Ransom, I read that the plant would sometimes produce that rosette of coloured leaves in stead of a flower. And then it would grow normally again and perhaps do that rosette thing again if the conditions are right. Repeating that cycle almost forever. Sad to say that I did not get it on my King's Ransom either. Lucky Devil!!

o

Wow - what a ripper!

o

Nary a flower to be seen! Not even a bud.

o

Gonzer, now you opened a can of worms!

Please describe the growing conditions of the plant. How much sun/shade. Did it get food? What was your temperates the past couple of months, and the general humidity? And what about a nice picture, straight form the top?

Thanks

Japie

o

Hi Gonzer - yeah, what Japie said.

All the best, Nev.

o

I've had it only for about 3 months so it's safe to assume it was pampered beforehand. It's in my plastic house which sustained temps down to 1.1C in the winter, average humidity 70%, no food, just bread and water, under 20% shade cloth with a large deciduous Cherimoya overhead. Much more filtered light the past 2 months which probably triggered blooming. On closer inspection (actually looking!) it does look like buds inside.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here