nice hideing spot to hatch

Posted by bryan69 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 1, 09 at 19:35

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: nice hideing spot to hatch

Awwwwwwwww how sweet
I had to look twice to see what you were refering to as I didnt see the bird the first time, but knew you must have been meaning an animal of some sort when talking about hatching.
I bet she feels pretty safe up there

o

I keep baskets stuffed with straw for the doves to build in
every spring

o

the only bad thing is sometimes i don't know they are there and i spook them and then they spook me and i freak out and knock over plants with water on my head.

o

Don't they take off like a rocket? Hope there's a coronary unit nearby ...

o

A toilet close by helps too

o

Hi bryan,
It's probably just as well you and HDD provide baskets for them to nest in because if they are anything like the doves I feed in my backyard in Aust. they are hopeless at nest building. They just use a few sticks criss-crossed and the nest is so open that the eggs often just fall through.

Bryan do you use any shade cloth over the polycarbonate roofing to prevent sunburn?

All the best, Nev.

o

Your doves sound like ours, Nev! Dumb as dirt, and miserable nest builders. I used to occasionally get one nesting in one of my hanging baskets too. As long as it was a dove and not an evil, destructive bulbul, I didn't really mind, except that it makes it really difficult to water the plants without drowning the babies. Lately, however, the cats have pretty much taken over the shadehouse, so I rarely see birds in there anymore.

o

Splinter I use 46% on that part of the greenhouse. On the otherside i have an overhang that doesen't have shadecloth. Thats where i push a lot of plants to see what i can get away with

o

almost ready for flight
Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here