Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I have a flower...YAY

Posted by bromaloonie (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 7, 09 at 20:21

Would you have a checky at this...LOL
Im SO excited that my Mexicana is flowering.
I must admit I did not see it until yesterday...being a neo lover and all, I walk through my brom house with my head looking down low at all the neos changing colour and pupping. Every now and then I lhave a geezer up and look at the whole view. Well this time i got a joyful surprise:-)
Amazing how a spikey plant that is ugly to most people are just such a treasure to others!

Jennie told me it could handle alot more light, but I got busy in life and forgot/didnt get round to it but it still flowered...sitting in the middle of the brom house in a fairly sheltered light(pic shows it with the most light it gets all day)

Ohhhh how exciting this is.
Mexicana1

mexicana2

mexicana3
Its still not fully open but will take other photos at its peak

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I have a flower...YAY

Well done! You've got quite a display in store. The wee flowers look quite pretty when they open, but I reckon the berries look even more attractive. Each to their own I spose..
Will watch this space for developments :-)
Cheers, Todd

o
RE: I have a flower...YAY

Oh Gem,
Your eyes must be worst than mine - can't believe you missed that!!!!! Also can't believe I sent that through Australia Post. It is colouring up well and the flower will just get better and better over the weeks ahead. Don't you love it when you discover something coming into flower. It's like Christmas.

o
Aechmeas is flower

Aechmeas are my favourites. I had an Aech. Caesia (or is it Gaiters?) and an Aech. Flavo Rosea come into flower this week.
Photobucket

Aech Flavo Rosea

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here