{{gwi:459403}}2.{{gwi:459406}}

{{gwi:459408}}4.{{gwi:459411}}

{{gwi:459414}}6.{{gwi:459416}}

{{gwi:459418}}8.{{gwi:459420}}

9.{{gwi:459422}}10.{{gwi:459424}}

11.{{gwi:459426}}12.{{gwi:459428}}

13.{{gwi:459430}}14.{{gwi:459431}}

15.{{gwi:459432}}16.

Sorry the pics are small. Have them loaded that size now due to size requirements of ebay chat boards where I chat gardening and broms also.

Comments (13)

• paul_t23
    15 years ago

Hi Germaine - stunning again! That one in No. 7 - is that still Passion doing its thing? Cheers, Paul

• rickta66
    15 years ago

Germaine,

We always love to see your plants, please keep them coming.

They all look magnificent, your Kautskyi is coloured perfectly.

Rick

• bromaloonie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yeah Paul thats Passion doin her thing, its actually the pup.
    I still havent stabbed the Mum as yet.

Hey Rick, Thankyou, I took a stack of vriesia pics too.
    I will start a new thread just for them...lol

• sdandy
    15 years ago

Wow, what excellent plants. You grow them so well. They all look so happy.
    -andy

• splinter1804
    15 years ago

Hi Germaine - What are No. 11 and 17?

The first of your prezzies are leaving tomorrow Friday 17th, fingers crossed.

All the best, Nev.

• bromaloonie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Andy thats so nice of you to say so...Thankyou

Nev, 11 is Guzmania Fleur D' Anjou
    and 17 is Barbarian

rubs hands together in greed...LOL...looking forward to recieving parcel.

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    15 years ago

Your pictures are so beautiful! I just got interested in broms and just have a few right now but you have made me want MORE, MORE, MORE! You have so many cute ones! Thanks for posting the pictures!

• neomea
    15 years ago

I reeeeaaaallly like 13!

• bromaloonie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ohhhh Tropic Lover your very welcome...I love posting them...LOL
    Hey you cant blame me for making you want MORE MORE MORE...haha haha...people need to face up to their own addictions....
    Thanks for the compliment :-)

Neomea....you have reeeeaaaallly good taste...lol
    Its name is Thunder Cloud
    I dont know how many favorites us collectors are allowed to have but ...yup.....thats another one of my faves...LOL

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    15 years ago

Bromaloonie, OK I admit it... I am a plant addict and broms are just my latest fix. Last night I was reading some of your old posts (because I love looking at the pictures) and I saw the one where you described how your addiction to broms started and I nearly fell off the couch laughing. Just last week I week to the nursery to get tomato plants and I came home with 3 tomato plants and 3 bromeliads! And then I ordered some more on ebay! So within less than 2 weeks time I have 10 of them and of course I want more, but now I am TRYING to control myself because I will have to keep them all in the house during the winter and I only have so much sun to go around. I also have many other palms and tropicals that I overwinter in the house or garage, so space is kind of hard to come by for more plants.

Anyway, your plants are so beautiful and I just love looking at the pictures! I wish I had space to put a greenhouse in my yard, but my yard just isn't that big and it is already full of all my previous addictions like daylilies, cannas, dahlias, and so on...Â

Linda

• bromaloonie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Linda your so sweet....lol

Now you know what must happen dont you
    You have to move house...HAHAheheheeeee
    if you dont have the room then you are just obviously going to have to pack up and move to a more fitting home to house your "latest fix"...which will actually become more then a fad i believe.....lol
    Once you see more then you NEED more and must have them for your own.
    just looking at pictures will not be enough,...trying to control yourself just doesnt cut it...your going to need a hot house, or shadehouse what ever the temps require...lol

I too am a plant addict. I went from tropicals to daylilies to more and more tropicals to mainly heliconias and gingers...then BAM those spikey hard things grabed onto the bottom of my skirt and i cant shake em loose...lol

Oh and by the way. I know a couple who dont have a backyard anymore, their entire backyard is all shadehouse...no grass , no washing line..no nuttin.....just BROMS alone...wink wink

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    15 years ago

Bromaloonie, Yeah, I really wish I could move to another house, one with a lot more property but I don't think thats gonna happen any time soon. I live in northern Utah, in the USA, and the property values around here have skyrocketed. I'm pretty sure I can't afford what I want, so I guess I will have to make due with what I have now. When we first moved into this house, the backyard was nothing but grass but now there is just a small area of grass in the center with gardens all around the fence line. I have to keep some grass since I have 2 dogs who need somewhere to go... LOL you know what i mean!

Our climate is here is cold in the winter with freezing temps and sometimes a lot of snow. Wish I could move somewhere tropical!

I do have a question for you though... I think I read on one of your posts that some broms can take a little more sun than others. Is there a certain type or color that can handle more light? I was hoping they could at least take a little early morning sun. I also have some trees that provide dappled shade, maybe that would be a good spot to put them. I read that if they are in too much shade they will lose their color and I don't want that to happen. I guess I can experiment and see what spot works best for them.

Our weather here should be warming up quite a bit in the next couple of weeks and hopefully I can get them outside soon! Spring has been a long time coming this year!

Thanks again,
    Linda

• bromaloonie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Linda, awwww such a shame that you cant move house....LOL,,,heheheeeee...But i totally understand of course. I was only kidding really.....lol

Usually the rule of thumb with growing broms in the sun and deciding on who can withstand the real sun is by looking at the leaves of the plant and seeing how tough their skin is...kind of like humans really. Plants with darkest leaves and hardest leaves can handle the most sun. Others also have lots of huge teeth can handle sun too. Orlandianas are a pretty good example of this, although they have some light stripes, their leaves are hard and they have spines too. Dark little minis are good also for taking the sun.
    Morning sun can be almost for ANY brom...this is the BEST lighting possy for most colourful neos...like all those ones in my pics up there I would position mainly in morning sun if I were looking to place them out in the garden beds
    Your softer leaves vriesias would best go deeper under the trees where there is that dappled shade and dense coverage.
    Im no expert of course and may not be on the right track for some broms but this is just my experience in the tropics here.
    Hope some of that applies to you and has been of help :-)

Sponsored
More Discussions