A quick stroll in the shadehouse.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cheers Richard

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Midday in the shadehouse

Hi Richard,

A great place for a stroll - and not just a quick one! Especially love all those big foliage Vrieseas. Thanks for the pics.

Cheers, Paul

o

Hi Richard - Love your shade house and the attractive and healthy looking plants. It would certainly be a great place to unwind and get back to nature.

I see you use polystyrene boxes to house your plants in. I use cut down boxes to keep small seedlings tidy, and I've seen full size boxes turned upside down and used as benches also. Would you mind sharing with us the advantage of using the boxes in the way you do for your plants.

Thanks for sharing you pic's,all the best, Nev.

o

Hi Paul & Nev thanks for the compliments.
I am very passionate and proud of my broms.

In answer to your question Nev, the poly boxes are turned upside down and used as benching, cheap and convenient.
I find this helps with air movement and it also helps insulate a little bit ( we get down to -6 sometimes here)
and lastly I dont have bend down so far.

Cheers Richard

Your welcome to visit.( I,m out in the sticks)
but happy to meet other brom lovers

o

Hi Richard,

I'd love to visit and soak-in the beauty of all those great broms. Im not sure when I'm likely to be able to get up your way, but if I do get the chance, I'd love to take you up on the offer. Much appreciated. Cheers, Paul

o

Hi Richard - Thanks for the offer but I doubt if I'll be able to take you up on it, but if you're ever in my area the welcome is always there for you also.

This applies to any of you Garden Web brom lovers - just give me a ring beforehand to make sure I'll be around
(02) 4296 2713.

All the best, Nev.

o

Looking good, Richard :). You deserve to be proud. Your shade house makes Aladdin's cave look a bit on the dull side.

K :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here