Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tillandsia lindenii

Posted by brom_adorer Mid-North Coast, NSW (My Page) on
Wed, May 19, 10 at 1:07

I have had this plant for around 4 years, and have divided it a few times. This year, one has flowered quite peculiarly! I think it is a double(or more)flower? Does this happen often?

Normal flower
Tillandsia lindenii

not normal flower
Tillandsia lindenii

Is this something I can hope to expect on any offsets this one may produce? Or do you think it might be a one-of? I am quite liking the effect.
BA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tillandsia lindenii

Hi BA,

That looks pretty spectacular, does it have a perfume like Cyanea and if so, is the perfume on the double flower any stronger than a single flower?

I know, questions, questions, questions, but then I am only a boy (old) and still learning.

All the best, Nev.

o

Wait until all the flowers open. It may be just an anomaly.

o

Its had 3 blooms the same so far, and it always smells of cloves in the general area, but then I have another pot with two flower spikes (normal) It is so warm in there, and bright and the smell is sensational. I shall have another sniff tomorrow and see if I can detect any difference, although I suspect that once I sniff one, my nose won't work as well when I sniff the next.
Thanks PB for the Email. I had seen Neo flower abnormalities in this forum once before I think, and I'm pretty sure you showed me some the last visit? Anyone got Tills or other doing strange things? What about Bills? Do they throw double flowers? Wouldn't that be something?
BA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here