Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brom_adorer

A few IDs

brom_adorer
13 years ago

I recently visited the local botanical gardens and took some photos of a couple of nice looking bromeliads. Hardly any of the plants are named, so I thought I'd post them here and see if anyone can hazard a guess?

The first one, I thought might be Aechmea phanerophlebia? Or something similar, (sorry no flower) It stands about 60cm high

{{gwi:461191}}

This one, my friend thought, might be Aechmea serrata, but the pics on FCBS don't show much other than the flower. The flower head is dried (just) but I did manage to pick out a couple of purple berries. Is there an Aechmea with a similar flower head?

{{gwi:461192}}

These ones, we were unsure of. There were quite a few in the glass house, under mostly shade, so I wonder at their being so light green?

Our first thoughts were Aechmea pectinata (no sign of pink, or flowers though) or a nidularium? Or maybe a wittrockia.

Note the frog (Eastern Dwarf tree frog)

{{gwi:461194}}

{{gwi:461196}}

{{gwi:461198}}

I know its a bit of a long shot without flower pictures, but I'll go back a bit more regularly to see whats happening.

I might make an attempt to find out who tends/stocks the display and see what they know.

BA

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions