Return to the Bromeliad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need info, please

Posted by sewnmom7 z7b Texas (My Page) on
Fri, May 31, 13 at 6:14

Hi, I have some bromeliads, nutans or queens tears.i need to know sun ?I have really hot sun and next to no humidity..and water, how much and how often.i have them outside in the shade now...thanks ahead, molly/ sewnmom7

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need info, please

Hi Molly they will take morning sun but you will have to move them out gradually. Keep water in the centres and watering the soil weekly should do.

o

thanks for the info.. so should I put them in pots and keep in pots . I have them in the ground now. their under a pecan tree now and get dappled shade but the tree will leaf out and it will be total shade but bright shade.. I really want to keep these queens tears, so all the help I get is so appreciated...molly

o

They will grow any where they get relief from our hot Texas sun and evenly watered. You must live in north Texas if you have no humidity.

o

hotdiggitydam, I don't live in north Texas, they have more humidity than I do, I live in Abilene..do I keep 'em in pots or put 'em in the ground? when you say "evenly watered", do you mean , how often or how much or both. I water 2 times a week . I don't want to overwater but everything evaporates so quickly here. so help a girl out here... thanks ahead, molly

o

If they are growing, your watering is ok.
It is up to you if you pot them or not. Is the clump big enough to divide?

o

yes sunshine,[ha I do love that name...]they are big enough to separate.. they came to mt , and I say thank ya, in clumps of two -6 ,about 6clumps...I have divided and planted5 of them and I will share to 3 other people, wish I could share with you, you have been so helpful..i'm not sure how far apart to plant but planting about 2.5 apart. thanks for your help...molly

o

Thanks for the gesture Molly but I do already have them.
If you have that many, plant a couple to get the morning sun. It will be totally different to your shade plantings.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bromeliad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here